Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February

Sean and I always disagree on the longest month of the year. I say its January. Its cold and bleak and long and not much to look forward to. He says is February which is obviously wrong because there are only 28 (sometimes 29) days. We both agree that this year with the basement finishing project the month of February is flying by. My parents were planning to close on their house on March 15 and I think we are going to complete the basement by then. But then things got bumped up and they are closing on February 28, which means they are moving in next weekend. The basement won't be finished, but we are making some great progress! 
Lizzie loves to put on makeup and dress up and do her hair. She is so cute when she looks in the mirror and pronounces i bootiful!
We made chocolate fondue and heart shaped pizzas for Valentines day. Papa and Mimi came to celebrate with us.







Alana and Lizzie joined me in helping with Brett's party:

My friends Melanie and Michael had an overnight conference at the Grand America down town. She asked if I would be up for watching baby James over night. I was worried I couldn't do it because of the Valentine party, but then realized it was a Thursday and Sean would be home to help. We had a great time having a 1 year old around. He kept us all busy, but he was a gem!
Alana's party was the day before Valentines and I got to help with her party as well. Lizzie really enjoyed being at preschool with Alana. Lizzie will go to the same school next year =)




Alana had her first OT appointment which started with 10 minutes of swinging in this fun swing. I guess the lycra material provides deep pressure which really helps with calming the body. They taught us about brushing her skin, doing joint compressions and sensory bins.

Brett got a haircut:

Working in the basement:
We went to Build a Bear with Papa and Mimi because they gave the kids gift cards for Christmas that we wanted to spend. Alana made a light fury, Lizzie made an Elsa bear, and Brett made a dog. We went and saw the lego movie and took pics by the dragon pictures:

I picked carpet for the basement:









I started a job with a company called Sew Sweet Minky Design. I sew blankets at home and then the company pays me per blanket. There are no quotas and no assigned hours so its as flexible as it can get. The fabric is difficult to work with but it is so soft and dreamy to work with.
It snowed a lot and we had a snow day!
Papa and Mimi came to help my Dad and Sean put in the electrical.


One night Brett and I went on a date to boondocks and Sean and the girls went on a date to the aquarium.
Sunday doodles. The dolphin on the left is Sean's and the dolphin on the right is Alana's. She is a really good artist:
Lizzie got a puppy doctor set:



Sleeping pics are the best!







More art:



Sean took last Friday off and went skiing:


No comments:

Post a Comment