Saturday, February 2, 2019

January in Pictures

My parents decided to officially sell their house and move in with us for a 4-6 months before their new home is complete. I went back and forth about finishing the loft with a temporary wall, or doing it permanently with a closet. I had gotten some quotes from general contractors. To add a wall and closet with one guy was going to be 10,000! For a temporary wall with another it was going to be $800. We also got quotes for finishing a bedroom and bathroom in the basement. From the first guy it was 17,000 and from the second it was 10,000. As we discussed it, we finally felt best about doing as much of the work ourselves as possible and doing the large space in the basement with the bathroom and closet. The bedroom will remain unfinished for now. That meant all the toys and fun stuff from the basement needed to be moved. We made our loft a much cooler place to hang out and play and put the trampoline in the unfinished bedroom down stairs. 
I wanted to get a small couch for the loft and was trying to get an idea of its size with some masking tape. 

My Dad and Sean bought the lumber, we bought a framing nail gun, and Sean and my Dad got to work! 


Lizzie the cowgirl! 

We decided to add some thing to our home as well like curtains.

Lizzie got sick one day and fell asleep in my arms =)

I bought these curtains from IKEA and sewed them together to make them so long. I love how they add a lot of warmth to the room.

Mom and Dad P gave Sean this art for Christmas and we hung it in the family room, I love it!


Papa and Mimi brought two easels one Saturday for dry erase, chalk, and painting. They have been so much fun!


Snuggling to Papa

Watching Donald Duck at Papa and Mimi's

 On January 7 we always celebrate Uncle Brett Day. Brett really wanted to go with me to the store to get the balloons so we waited until after piano to go. We found out that they will just give you a free Harmons balloon at Harmons=) The kids wrote notes on the balloons for Uncle Brett and we sent them up up up to Heaven and then ate some delicious birthday cake.





I got cabinet pulls for Christmas and we got them all put up, I love how much they add to the room. 

Puzzles continue to be a big hit!
 Pictures of the new and improved loft:



Pinkalicious is a favorite right now!

I went and cleaned my parents basement. Mostly I just tidied things up and made it look good. Brett did tons of sweeping!

Its always fun to watch Lizzie play
 Our friend BriAnna bought a pass to the Gateway Children's museum that lets her take friends. The girls and I met her there one day and had a really great time!










Another Saturday spent framing

They added a door and put in a wall to make a huge bathroom into and bathroom and closet.



Add caption
Add caption

This is called the persuader because you have to persuade the wood into place=)
Turns out our two story windows make for perfect lunar eclipse gazing!

Sean went skiing:



My parents listed their house
Alana told us Unicorns are born without horns and that they grow a ring each year so this unicorn is three years old. 

Construction outside Sean's office window:


It snowed...A LOT! The kids helped me shovel




We got a new pass to the aquarium and had a great time playing there one day:



Alana and Lizzie sewed and stuffed some pillows.
Alana had a fever at Brett's piano recital and was so so cold!
 Brett performed Fur Elise, Spring, and a duet called the Rainbow with Sean.

 Alana painted my nails.
 Protecting our lungs while working with insulation:
 Before:
 After:
 New bathtub mermaids:
Lizzie got Alana and Sean's fever:
Alana tried on my wedding dress:

I went to another citrus pear class where I made 20 freezer meals in 2 hours! 

 Electrical:
Blurry picture with my best friend Melanie at Citrus pear:


No comments:

Post a Comment