Sunday, July 14, 2019

Zoo, Friends, and 4th of July

Brett recently got a new game called Dragonwood and he has loved playing it with his friends. I love the random places they choose to play! 
Sean has had a beautiful view out of the window in his office for the last year. He can even see the Draper Temple. Recently they started building a bunch of houses, and last week they put up a HUGE wall that blocks everything! He's pretty sad about it!

 Our birdies sometimes like us ok if we give them their favorite treat millet.
 Here's Sean's new view of the wall:
 We had a very fun 4th of July this year. Our neighborhood organized a fun bike parade and pancake breakfast. The fire department came with tons of vehicles and led the parade and handed out tons of fun swag. The kids went to town decorating their bikes and had fun getting on festive t-shirts. There was tons of food and neighbors!





 My friend and I were talking about not creating bad habits and I mentioned that even if they are "bad" habits at least we are creating good memories. Alana has been having a really hard time getting to sleep this summer and we have been pretty lax with her. I snuggled her in my bed till she fell asleep the other night. I hope she remembers that we loved her and tried to help her as opposed to getting mad and demanding that she sleep! I'm really grateful for Sean's patient example in this, because sometimes I just want to yell "GO TO BED!"
 My Dad found one of our old gameboys in his office stuff and Brett was excited to try it out.
 Making more slime!
 Melanie and Michael invited us over for dinner one night and we had fun playing in their basement!

 We went to the zoo one day with BreAnna, Afton, and Rowen. The kids had a really fun time especially seeing the fun artwork made from recycled ocean trash.


 We saw the bird show which is even more fascinating now that we have birds of our own!

 Lizzie fell asleep on the way home and then was way snuggly for awhile when we got home. Sleeping kids in the car never get old!

 I bought some new dresses and thought this one looked pretty. This was before going to the resident graduation this year.
 Brett and his friends found this pretty bird called a Killdeer in the open space by our house. She was guarding her nest full of eggs.
 I made these fun huge unicorn blankets for work!
 One day Lizzie left the bird food out and Flutter took advantage!
 I put up a new dress up corner in our basement and the usage of dress ups had gone way way up! Alana has a little crush on one of Brett's friends Briley and decided she would try to marry him one day.
 Here are more pictures from the 4th of July breakfast in our neighborhood.

 After the breakfast and parade, we went to my parents new house to help them put more things away and set things up. The kids like sitting at their huge counter!
 We had a BBQ here and invited both Mom and Dad P and Mom and Dad Z.  We had hamburgers, brats, hotdogs, fruit, jello, baked beans, and smores for dessert.






 Our neighbors came and joined us for our firework show and then we all sat outside and watched all the aerial fireworks our neighbors shot off.
 Lizzie and Alana attended Afton's 3rd birthday and really enjoyed it!


 This is the view from my sewing room in the loft. It is so nice to be able to see the kids in the yard and hear everything that is going on in the main level of our home while I get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment