Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Summer Vacation!

Summer vacation is here and we are having so much fun! I made little checklists for the kids so they have things they need to get done each day. Alana wakes up, makes her bed, gets dressed, cleans her room and does her other jobs right away! Brett sleeps in and takes more time to get things done. Its fun to see the differences in them. Our house seems to always be filled with kids. Brett has 3 friends he plays with regularly and sometimes they all come over. 
 We went to Big Bear park one morning, but the zipline was broken which was a bummer!

 I made the kids go to the Sew Sweet warehouse with me.
 Swimming with the neighbors.
 Brett has been asking to go to This is the Place for a while. The first thing we did was pan for gold =)

 We dug for gems:


 And rode the train:

 Then the last thing we did was the leather store.
 Kaden had a Mario themed birthday party that we were invited to. Rebecca went all out and decorated so cute! She put together a really fun scavenger hunt game and the kids all loved it!




 I signed the kids up for swimming lessons, but something went wrong and the girls class got mixed up with an older class. So the girls just played in the shallow end while Brett swam. I was frustrated that  it got messed up!
 One afternoon Lizzie came up to the loft while I was sewing and wrapped her head in a blanket and went right to sleep. I uncovered her face so she could breath a bit better. This girl is so funny. She has traded in adding "ie" to everything (bearie, milkie) to saying things twice (bear bear, milk milk). She still needs a nap every now and again. She has become a picky little eater, mainly because she believes all food should be chocolate!
I was nervous about summer since in the past it has been difficult for Brett because its unstructured time. He has done really well with his checklist and also having so many friends around. We still have hard moments, but it's manageable! 
My parents house got finished and they were so excited to move in! I didn't take very many pictures of them moving out of our house. It was a lot of work! We loaded up their truck on Wednesday night and then on Thursday morning we went over to the new house as soon as it got funded. Rebecca's sister had a premie baby and she wanted to spend some time with her so she dropped Kaden and Lexi off on Wednesday afternoon, she ended up taking the kids with her Wednesday night and letting them sleep over. We were able to accomplish so much Wednesday night and Thursday! Sean, my dad, and me unloaded the truck by ourselves then Sean and I went to get the kids.  We took the kids back to my parents new house and painted some walls while the kids snuggled up in their bed. 


 In addition to the moving truck, 5 pods were delivered that had been in storage. The plan was to have their ward help them unload on Saturday, but it was a small turnout! By the time we showed up around 11, they were still working, but several more people had come.






 Sunday was Fathers Day. I was stressed that I didn't get the supplies to make Sean a nice breakfast so I rushed to the store when the kids went to bed. I forgot my wallet so I couldn't buy anything. I was pretty upset. I came home and Sean said he didn't care and said he'd make breakfast. He made oreo covered chocolate donuts!
 While he was making those, I had the kids do a fun activity where they made collages of things that make them think of the Savior. We had been learning about the sacrament in Come Follow Me, so they took their collages to church to look at during the sacrament.

Brett's

Alana's

Lizzie's
 In the evening we took some meat and buns out to my parents and had a little BBQ. Mom was so excited to get her table set up! They have really been fast at unpacking and setting things up!
We got to attend Mimi's piano recital! She did a beautiful job and we all really enjoyed listening to her! 
I was excited to use the basement space and Brett especially loves having so much more room for legos! 



 One morning we made Gak out of glue and borax, it was way fun!


 We went to Coconut Cove and Mimi and Xander joined us =) Kaden, Lexi, Brett, Alana, and Lizzie played there for 4 hours!

 My blankets didn't pass last week so I had to bring them home, which means I have had a lot more time to work on other things. I got every thing moved down to the basement, the loft cleaned up, the ironing done, and I'm blogging =)
 Brett went to a new dentist and we were all really impressed with the tv in the ceiling!

 Sean hosted a game day with his buddies. They played Super Smash Bros while I went shopping.
I went and did another Citrus Pear class the day after Father's Day. I was planning to leave about 6:45 (it starts at 7). My friend who I was meeting there texted me to confirm the location. I looked and realized I was planning to go to Riverton when it was actually in Pleasant Grove. The class always starts on time and so being late would be disastrous! Melanie told me she had felt prompted to text me all day and finally did it! I just felt so grateful and so loved. As I walked into the Pleasant Grove store I just felt such a spirit of love and warmth as I thought about how much Heavenly Father loves me. Its just a class, but he knows its important to me and that I would be really upset if I missed it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment