For some reason my computer stopped syncing with the cloud and getting the pictures off my phone! I kept forgetting to ask Sean about it, so every time I had a few minutes and wanted to do some blogging I felt like I couldn't because I didn't have the pictures. So here is the rest of May which includes finishing our yard projects, Alana's preschool graduation, and the half marathon and 10k.
 |
| our first strawberry |
 |
| Sean was impressed with an object lesson in Sunday School that involved floral design. |
 |
| All our kids love Elroy so so much, but in the time Grandma and Grandpa lived with us, Alana's relationship with him grew the most! |
 |
| Some cute "snugglers" I made for work |
 |
| Alana's poster displayed at graduation |
 |
| Lizzie and I were excited to watch! Grandma and Grandpa and Papa and Mimi also came. ( I got my eyebrows microbladed a few days before and they were still a little intense for my liking, they have faded a lot!) |
 |
| with Miss Sara and Miss Kamber |
 |
| We love our birds |
 |
| We went to see the new Aladdin movie and we all loved it! Alana wore her jasmine costume and took Raja with her. The girls have been listening to the new soundtrack from the movie ever since. |
 |
| One night Brett and Alana stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa while Lizzie joined Sean and I to buy some flowers! |
 |
| We put this edging around our garden and flower bed in the front yard. |
 |
| Brett had a week more of school than Alana, so before he was finished the girls and I went for a day at the aquarium! It was fun to explore with these sweet girls! |
 |
| I bought them the super expensive cookies! |
Neil asked Sean to run a half marathon with him and Sean said yes! Mom P and I decided to run too, but I wasn't too convinced I wanted to do the half. We ended up doing the 10k which was a lot of fun!
We spent the night over at Neil and Rebeccas the night before and Sean and Neil got up and left the house at 3:30 AM! They took a bus up to the starting line and waited for the race to start. They ran together for the first 10 miles doing a pretty consistent 8-81/2 min miles. Then the separated for the last three and Sean's muscles started stopping on him. I think mile 12 was 10 min and mile 13 was 11 minutes (good thing Sean helped our neighbor put in his sprinkling system, wearing out his muscles with digging and squats 2 days before!) Either way he did an amazing job and finished in 1 hour 54 min! We were all so proud!










Mom and I left early too, I honestly can't remember the time but it wasn't 3:30. We took a bus to the starting line and walked laps around the church we were at to stay warm in the cold morning air. We had a lovely time and did lots of power walking and jogging! We finished in an hour 34 min! Sean met us at the finish line and the kids and Rebecca and Papa were all close by!
It was a really great experience and we hope to do more races in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment