Monday, August 12, 2019

Out of Order July Memories

We have been so busy having fun and so I haven't had much time to blog. Here are tons of fun pics of the fun things we've been doing. The computer uploaded them all out of order, so try not to get lost! 
24th of July art by Sean and Alana

 Papa drew this portrait of Alana
 Our garden is growing

 Sean's work did a booth at Draper Days and we all had fun wandering around!
 My niece Kaity was in town for Pioneer Day and she wanted fireworks. We had a ton of fun with sparklers and pop-its before we lit the other ones.








 The night of Pioneer Day, Kaity had a sleepover in the basement with our kiddos.
 On July 25th, we went to the zoo. It was a bit of a rocky start since I had to go turn in some blankets in Spanish Fork, my parents and Sam were running late, so Sean arrived at the zoo with 4 kids and no pass to get in. Luckily they pulled some strings and got everyone in!
 Uncle Dale came to visit at the start of August and we went to Bridal Veil Falls.
 We went shopping for a tricycle for Lizzie because she needs to learn to pedal.
 Sean helped hang some art over the stairs at my parents house.
 I got a haircut!
 More Draper Days pictures:

 There were puppies there and I really really really wanted one!



 Chevron blankets I made for work! These were so so hard and took me way longer than they should have. I earned $50 per blanket but probably spent 15 hours on each one!

 We went to the Aquarium with Kaden, Alexis, and Rebecca


 We made graham cracker covered wagons for Pioneer Day

 More zoo pics:









 I signed up for a trial class at a Karate school and it was really fun! The kids all loved it, but it was going to be $250 a month for all three to take classes and it was just too much a time and money commitment.


 We celebrated Kaity's birthday while she was here.

 The kids slept at Grandma and Grandpa's house because Sean had to work the weekend and Friday night shift and I signed up for a workshop about intuitive eating.

 Alana has let me do a few french braids in her hair!!!
 The day before Sam left we decided to go to the Beehive and Lion house with the kids. Brett especially had a hard time because it was a bit boring, but overall we had a nice time.
 We all loved the Joseph Smith Memorial building!


 Mom, Dad, Kaity, Sam, Alana, and I went to see Cinderella at Hale Center Theatre. It was a great production and Alana really loved it!


 Alana and Liz had dentist appointments and did so great!




 More Bridal Veil Falls:


 BYU Creamery after the Falls.


 Coulton and Kate got married and we all signed Jenga pieces at their reception.
 and more bridal veil falls

 Wardle Fields splash pad this past week.
 Alana dressed as Zelda in prep for Bretts birthday party
 Star quilts! These ones were time consuming, but the pattern was much improved from the chevrons.


 Smiths Marketplace!
 Neighbors over for a BBQ
 Bluffdale Old West Days







More Bridal Veil Falls

We hosted a dinner for 16 while Uncle Dale was here and I spent the whole morning in the kitchen preparing. It was a lot of fun! I served baked potatoes with lots of toppings, salad, rolls, grapes, and cupcakes.

3 comments:

  1. That intuitive eating class sounds interesting! Did you learn a lot from it? I know there's a book called Intuitive Eating that my sister really liked that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm almost done with the book, its taken me forever to get through it because I don't have a ton of sit down to read time. The whole concept has changed my life! I have always been a dieter and have struggled with disordered eating a lot so this idea is huge for me. I've gained some weight and that has been hard to swallow, but I am feeling more free and at peace with my relationship with food. I just don't want my kids, especially my daughters to grow up thinking that mommy is always on a diet and that they need to be as well!

      Delete
    2. Now I really want to read it! How fascinating! Gaining weight is always hard (seems like I've always been on the "heavier" side floating in between over weight and normal), but it sounds like it's been mostly positive for you! Sounds like a great read!

      Delete