Sunday, March 8, 2020

March Came

Our friend Sarah who we knew from Sean's residency and now she works at Foothill with Sean had a baby girl! She asked me to do some photos of their family and we did a fun lifestyle shoot at their house. Baby was a little fussy but I think we still caught some really beautiful images and it was fun to be behind the camera. 

We went to breakfast at Sarah and Andrews house the following week to visit and so Sean could meet Cordelia and our other residency friend Diantha came. She brought me a baby spider plant that i'm hoping to keep alive:

 With the Newmans coming and the way our living spaces have turned out, we have found ourselves in need of another sofa. We decided it was finally time to buy the sectional i've been dreaming about for years! On Saturday Sean and the kids went with me to 3 furniture stores! They were troopers and I think we are all excited about basically the first one we sat on at the first store. It should be coming in about 2 weeks and then we will move the older couches from the family room to the piano room and the loft.
 One day Alana was at a playdate and Brett had friends over so Lizzie and I made some cupcakes together, it was super fun!
 Brett loves beyblades, him and his friends play as often as they can!
 I made some lemon sweet rolls this past week and they were tasty.
 We used some of our tax return to add a cement pad on the side of the house for extra parking. Its super helpful with Matt and Mary both having cars here as well!
 We had so much fun watching them pour the cement. The girls ate their lunch on the driveway while we watched them pour.
 I tried my best barricade the wet cement off so that no kids or dogs would run through it! I was successful!
 Alana is so loving with all the puppies at the house!
 Lizzie loves this cupcake game and sets it up to play often. Her rules are hilarious!
 Grandpa Z had a birthday! The plan was to celebrate at Longhorn Steakhouse on Saturday night. We were going to have dinner together then go to their house for cake and ice cream. When we got there the wait was an hour. We weren't seated till 6;30 and then our waitress was held up. It was a long stay at the restaurant! We didn't leave till 8 and Lizzie fell asleep in Sean's lap. Alana had an upset stomach and we visited the bathroom about 6 times, poor thing. We did have a fun time, but it wasn't an ideal situation and we didn't have time for cake so we went to their house on Sunday after church for homemade pizza, cake and games.
 We finally added this cabinet to our bathroom and I bought these little succulents from Ikea to go on it. I can't believe how much better the room looks! (the complete the mission sign is a joke from when Sean was taking his GI block of classes in medical school)

 Papa and Mimi found the cutest make your own forky kit for us. Brett, Alana, and I had fun making them last Tuesday afternoon while Lizzie napped on the stairs and Sean had to work late. After Lizzie woke up we went to return a table we had borrowed and went to the drive through at chick fil a. We don't do it very often and the kids were so intrigued by the idea. Oreo came with us too and my favorite part was when they gave him a bone at the window! I ordered macaroni for the girls and then a 12 piece chicken nugget for Brett and I to share. When we got home he started to take the whole thing to the couch to watch Toy Story 4 (in honor of the forkys we just made) I mentioned half were for me and he just looked at me and said "we'll see" I thought it was amusing but told him I actually did want some. He generously gave me 5, lol!




 Brett had a fun activity at his school called the kids marketplace. Brett was a hospital administrator and had a salary of $450. They had 12 table set up in the gym and the kids had to visit all the booths to learn how to manage money. They had groceries, medical, animal shelter, personal, toys, furniture, housing, chance, bank, charitable contributions, and transportation. I'm sure there were others but thats what I can remember =) Sean and I were in charge of transportation. It was fun to help the kids decide what to buy and then see some of them come back and have to exchange because they over extended themselves. There were all kinds of occupations for the kids with different salaries.


 Sean added more shelves to the garage:
 Lizzie was trying not to fall asleep while Alana gives Oreo a massage.

 Lizzie was sitting outside crying the other day because no one would play with her.
 Here's Lev which means Lion in Russian
 Charlie loves fetch as much as Oreo and is very insistent about getting the ball to the kids so they can throw it!

 We put up this cute fence to help keep the dogs out of the garden and away from digging spots.





No comments:

Post a Comment