Sunday, May 10, 2020

Disneyland at Home


Last year Sean and I went to Disneyland to celebrate our 10th anniversary and it still makes the kids feel sad if we bring it up. We've all been stuck at home and our Spring Break trip to St George got cancelled and this past week we also had our Hershey Pennsylvania trip canceled for June. So I decided for our anniversary this year we would have a family anniversary party with a Disneyland theme. We had a Mad Tea Party for breakfast with donuts and muffins and eggs. We used Alana's tea set and had a crystal light tea party. We watched the digital ride of tea cups and the kids all picked which cup they would want to ride in.

The next ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. We each colored a pirate hat while listening to the movie soundtrack. Then we put our hats on and watched the ride. The kids got a little bored during some parts and Lizzie didn't like the skeletons. I just wish we could have bottled the smell of that ride somehow.



Then we went to the Jungle Cruise. We watched the ride and laughed at the corny jokes. Lizzie really liked the idea of being on that boat. Then we had put 15 or so little sets of animals in the front room. Sean would read a joke about the animal and then the kids had to go find that animal. The jokes were very cheesy and funny.


The kids loved this activity and wanted to take some time to play with the animals for awhile. They got busy playing and I decided to run to Lowes to pick up something we had ordered and then stop to pick up pizza for lunch. The road we drive on to get to Lowes is called Bangerter Highway and some of the intersections have an exit on the right and some have the exit on the left. It is so hard to remember which is which and to be in the right place. I was driving along and noticed a restaurant being actively bulldozed and by noticing that I missed my turn. So I was trying to figure out how to turn around. I honestly can't remember all I did, but I know at one point I changed three lanes at a time because I saw the exit on the other side of the road. Anyway I turned around and then some police lights went on behind me. I pulled over and the police lady told me I have been changing lanes too much and not signaling. I am pretty sure I signaled but I agree I had changed a lot of lanes trying to figure out what I was doing. I told her I missed my turn and was just trying to get over. She asked for my license and insurance. I think she probably thought I was drunk, but it was pretty clear that I wasn't. I couldn't find a current insurance card so Sean texted it to me. She let me off with a warning which I was very grateful for! I decided this was the Mr Toads Wild Ride part of Disneyland. I made a quick stop at Lowes, then at Little Caesars. When I came home we had lunch together and then went out front because the kids school was having a teacher parade. 
After the teacher parade, the kids went in the back to play a bit and I started setting up Pixar Pier. I bought little cans of sprite, we popped popcorn, I made funnel cakes, and set up some games. The kids came in and we had snacks then watched Midway Mania on Youtube. 

The first game was the fishing game. We had 6 little dolphins and two had stars on the bottom so the kids had to close their eyes and see if they could get one. Once they picked one they got to pick a prize from the prize box which had candy, stuffed animals, and other random things. 

The next game was to knock over the blue cups with easter eggs. After you knocked over the cups you got to pick another prize. 

The last game was to break the plates. Each kid got to break a 100, 500, and 1000 plate. The plates had an airhead and one of the same little animals from the Jungle Cruise game earlier. 

The kids went and played more after that with friends. We called them in for some dinner around 6, which was just leftovers because we were still full from all our snacks and lunch=). We set up all our sleeping bags and pillows and watched Bedtime Stories. Then we pulled out some glow sticks and watched the Disneyland Fireworks. Then the kids played and giggled until about 10, I think everyone finally fell asleep around 10:15. We took everyone to their beds at 11:30. It was a lot of fun!!


The next day was Seans and my anniversary and we took it pretty chill. Sean ran 10 miles with Neil and I ran 2.5 with Oreo. Then we got ready and fed the kids lunch and took them to Papa and Mimi's house to be watched while we went to lunch. We got take out from Zupas and ate in the car. It was very fun! Then we went to Petsmart to buy dog food. We spent lots of time visiting with Papa and Mimi and then we headed home to chill.


Here are some other fun pics of things we did this week:
Oreo loves to sit on the back of the couch.

Playing with friends outside!


We made a chocolate cake just for fun and it was not very pretty, but very delicious!

We love Charlie and Lev

I made bread bowls and veggie stew one night

Lizzie got her wart frozen at Daddy's clinic. 

Brett had a few warts frozen too.

We had Ryan and Jess over for dinner on May 5th and they brought a piƱata for the kids!


Oreo stole one of Charlie and Levs toys.



We went on a hike with the saffrons. The hike was called the Jungle Trail.










1 comment:

  1. We did a little Disneyland at home too! Yours sounds really fun! We just made some copycat recipes, and watched the rides on Youtube while the kids sat in laundry baskets and I moved them to be like the rides.

    ReplyDelete