Lizzie turned 4! We were planning to drive to St George to stay in a hotel with a pool, visit a children's and dinosaur museum, eat out at restaurants, and play at the park for her birthday. That didn't happen which was sad! Instead, she had a great day making her cake and cupcakes, playing with Brett and Alana, having a birthday party with all of us including Matt and Mary, and smiling all through the day. We had dominos pizza, excavated animal eggs, played pin the tail on the dinosaur, popped the dinosaur egg balloons, and then had cake and some very fun presents. Since she didn't have friends over, Sean and I and Matt and Mary played a lot of the games with the kids.
I wasn't thinking ahead and didn't let the dogs out before we popped the balloons. Charlie and Lev were a little nervous, but poor Oreo thought the house was blowing up. I've never seen him so nervous, it was so so sad. He spent about the next week pretty nervous every evening. He would refuse to come inside because he was afraid popping balloons was our new normal after dinner activity!
Grandma and Grandpa came to visit on Conference Sunday to drop off Lizzie's gifts and watch her open them.
I hung this on the garage, but I actually don't know if anyone ever honked =)
Lizzie had a crown from her school and wore it while we made her chocolate heart shaped cake.
Alana was having some jealousy that it was Lizzie's special day so we tried to include her and help her feel happy for Lizzie.
We gave her a dinosaur car set
I love how her cake turned out. Chocolate with vanilla frosting:
Then we made vanilla cupcakes for Brett because he doesn't like chocolate cake:
Here's Lizzie excavating her egg
She got new dinosaur pajamas:
And a dinosaur umbrella from Papa and Mimi
She got a dinosaur egg with stuffies from Brett and a unicorn from Alana
She got a bead set from Papa and Mimi
poor scared oreo
This is one of her new dresses from Grandma and Grandpa. They also gave her a frozen drawing set, frozen magnet dolls, and an Elsa dress and a Mimi top and pants.
Papa drew her this amazing card!
The kids still love to do pancake art. I thought this was pretty impressive by Alana one morning:
Social distancing from friends has been really difficult for the kids. They have had lots of chats over the fence.
Organizing school work has been fun! The kids are pretty good at getting it done, especially Brett and Lizzie (although Lizzie doesn't have much) Alana doesn't like it as much. She seems to enjoy it when I sit down and do it with her.
Brett uses my laptop for his lessons and his teacher posts the assignments each day in a program called canvas. He also has a class conversation each afternoon which is usually a math lesson.
The kids started taking Beat Box lessons from matt which is super fun!
Lizzie's school sent home some sunglasses for her to make.
Alana covered herself in stickers one day
Oreo found a mud puddle one morning and had to have an inpromtu bath. He was so covered in mud on his chest and face!
Late that day Matt and Mary were up and Oreo and Lev came running in covered in mud again. They had found another spot to dig and they were both covered. We all laughed about it and cleaned up all the mud, Oreo needed a second bath! It was super messy and frustrating, but I was glad Matt and Mary were there to help keep things in perspective so we could all laugh about it.
I love watching Lizzie do artwork, she is so intent about it and is becoming quite a skilled artist. It holds her attention for so long!
I ordered a bunch of little pots and we painted them and planted seeds to watch them grow. It was a fun science project.
Oreo doesn't mind us being home ALL THE TIME!
Lizzie's school does live singing time each Thursday. I'm not great about always making sure she is there, but she loves the circle time they post on their website too that she can watch anytime.
We got a new couch and we are all obsessed! It is so so comfy! Now we have a real sofa in the loft and the front piano room too, it is so nice!
We've played virtual games a couple times with our friends the Saffrons.
One day on the kids spring break we found a new trail with a bridge in our neighborhood. It was super fun to explore.
I love all the random places this cute girl falls asleep in:
I found this note that Brett wrote to Alana and it made my heart so happy!
I sewed a few more skirts for Alana
I've also sewed about 75 cloth masks for my friends etsy shop. We have kept several.
Sean has been working on a Christmas stocking for Miss Lucy
Sean put up some awesome party lights in our backyarddying easter eggs:
Music lessons one Friday watching Peter and the Wolf
Angry Birds during a lunch of chips, goldfish, and pancakes
One weekend I was feeling pretty awful. I had the worst body ache in my neck and shoulders. Sean took amazing care of me and even made Disney churros! He made a batch for us and then another 2 batches to take into work the next day. I ended up getting tested for covid 19 and it came back negative.
Lizzie had a week about community helpers and looked very cute as a fire chief.
Brett started writing a book on google slides.
We loved watching General Conference.
Oreo got in trouble for eating one of my plants in the backyard one morning and had to be locked in.
We took a family walk on the Jordan River Parkway trail and got a great family picture.
We ordered some caterpillars and let them grow, they grew so fast!
Sean and I have been out running/jogging/walking a lot and this is in our neighborhood. Sean has been training for a half marathon again so today he ran 11.5 miles. I did 4, lol!
We went a visited Mom and Dad P and sat on their lawn and visited while eating chick fil a =)We had a very fun Easter Egg hunt!
The kids decorated their own kites that we still need to go fly
They got new beanie boos for Conference and have had fun playing with them.
We have enjoyed having the sacrament in our home the last 6 weeks. What a blessing !
We made resurection rolls on Easter Sunday as part of primary.
Alana gave Mimi a drawing lesson on facetime
We got the game Azul for Easter and have enjoyed playing it together
Climbing the walls is always fun!
A fun lesson for Brett where he had to make a boat and fill it with pennies and record himself for his teacher:
Tired Lizzie
More climbing walls
Help climbing walls
The kids all came down and slept on the couch with us one evening. We eventually carried them to bed
Alana does a small group meeting with her teacher 2 times a week
We made pizza for lunch one day
Lizzie loves Charlie and Lev
Brett had to make a face out of random things
Lizzie spent her birthday money on this horse and was so excited when it came in the mail
We ripped out a bunch of bushes and replanted things we like more
Oreo loves to go for rides in the car












































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment