To start off here is Brett's birthday movie. I wasn't going to make one for him this year because I was just so busy with getting ready for school to start, but then one Sunday afternoon I figured I could just take a look at it and I was able to put it together in a fraction of the time the others have taken. I count that as a tender mercy. I love having these birthday videos as memories for the kids and for me.
Brett had a wonderful birthday. He got a watch, jelly beans, a robot, coin collecting stuff, and all kinds of other stuff! He had a friend party with just a few friends. We made minecraft houses, did a pinata, and played video games. We ate pizza and cookies
We had a family party on Sunday where we had both sets of grandparents, Neil and Rebecca and Kaden and Lexi come for spaghetti and beignets. It was so fun to celebrate our sweet Brettster. He is such a sweet wonderful kind boy and I love being his mom! Blogger has changed the way it uploads photos so I am going to have to figure out how to keep them more organized, but today here are a bunch in random order with captions:
We made stripling warrior cookies:
Our garden harvest:
Air friend squash:
Lizzie put a sock mask on her snake:
Figuring our the wiring in the unfinished bedroom in the basement. We decided to finish that room to help with homeschool space, but now Brett is thinking of moving down there:
Trying on skis to make sure they still fit:
The kids steal my phone to photograph the dog all the time:
On Thursdays we do Dad lessons and this was the first Thursday. Sean did snap circuits with the kids.
A few more pics from Brett's birthday:
Brett's allergies have been getting progressively worse as he gets older. He has been so bothered by them this summer that we decided to do some allergy testing and some shots. His tests showed him to be highly allergic to basically everything! Poor kid had to go without any zyrtec (something he has taken daily for 2 years) for 2 week prior to his test and it was miserable! I am writing this at the end of September and he just started his first shots this week. His back was super itchy during the test and Sean ran his fingers around the test sites to provide a bit of relief.
We love when Papa and Mimi come to play. I think this was a day we watched the old Mulan in preparation for the new movie:
I made Alexis a huge birthday cake:
Our basement turned out great!
The girls had dental appointments and they both did great and had no cavities:
We went out to eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory and it was so nice. We sat at a table and we were served food and it was the first time in a long time because of the blasted pandemic.
First day of school pictures. Alana started first grade, Lizzie preschool, and Brett 4th grade!
We are doing a science unit on energy and one of the first thing we learned was the different types of energy, like chemical. We did baking soda and vinegar to show chemical energy.
We started learning about Ancient Greece and made some Greek pots, watched Hercules, ate grapes, and learned about the olympics.
Alana came up with a fun dog mask:
Alana was invited to her friends ballet performance and Sean and Brett were busy playing video games, so Lizzie and I braided her hair and snuggled and watched Frozen 2.
We were invited to a friends pool to swim one afternoon and it was very fun!
Our garden harvest:
Air friend squash:
Lizzie put a sock mask on her snake:
Figuring our the wiring in the unfinished bedroom in the basement. We decided to finish that room to help with homeschool space, but now Brett is thinking of moving down there:
Trying on skis to make sure they still fit:
The kids steal my phone to photograph the dog all the time:
On Thursdays we do Dad lessons and this was the first Thursday. Sean did snap circuits with the kids.
A few more pics from Brett's birthday:
Brett's allergies have been getting progressively worse as he gets older. He has been so bothered by them this summer that we decided to do some allergy testing and some shots. His tests showed him to be highly allergic to basically everything! Poor kid had to go without any zyrtec (something he has taken daily for 2 years) for 2 week prior to his test and it was miserable! I am writing this at the end of September and he just started his first shots this week. His back was super itchy during the test and Sean ran his fingers around the test sites to provide a bit of relief.
We love when Papa and Mimi come to play. I think this was a day we watched the old Mulan in preparation for the new movie:
I made Alexis a huge birthday cake:
Our basement turned out great!
The girls had dental appointments and they both did great and had no cavities:
We went out to eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory and it was so nice. We sat at a table and we were served food and it was the first time in a long time because of the blasted pandemic.
First day of school pictures. Alana started first grade, Lizzie preschool, and Brett 4th grade!
We are doing a science unit on energy and one of the first thing we learned was the different types of energy, like chemical. We did baking soda and vinegar to show chemical energy.
We started learning about Ancient Greece and made some Greek pots, watched Hercules, ate grapes, and learned about the olympics.
Alana came up with a fun dog mask:
Alana was invited to her friends ballet performance and Sean and Brett were busy playing video games, so Lizzie and I braided her hair and snuggled and watched Frozen 2.
We were invited to a friends pool to swim one afternoon and it was very fun!



























































No comments:
Post a Comment