Sunday, September 27, 2020

September

 This month flew by its been pretty surprising that this next week starts October and next weekend is General Conference! We are all pretty excited to hear from our leaders! Church started meeting together every Sunday in our Stake last week and providing a broadcast. Our family has decided to join through broadcast and it has been really wonderful to see our Bishop and hear messages from people in our ward. Corona Virus cases are spiking in Utah right now with 1000 new cases a day being the new normal. Its mostly breaking out at BYU and UVU and in Provo/Orem area. High schools are another big hot spot. Its pretty scary and I am grateful the kids are home with me. Here are a ton of photos documenting our month. We have learned a ton in school and almost finished the basement bedroom!

Lizzie made a Great Wolf Lodge out of magna tiles. Brett asked me the other day if we could ever go back and I said I hope so. We all dream of travel again! 

We put a TV in our bedroom and it was fun to watch a show with the girls while folding laundry the other night. 

The kids made pictures of their favorite Book of Mormon stories for our stake's virtual primary program.


Lizzie had a playdate with Afton the other day and she was really grumpy there. She fell asleep on the way home and went back to sleep on me when we got home. She woke up feeling warm and had had a stuffy nose all day. We went to drop off some blankets at the Fabric Center and she was complaining of being cold. I thought if she is getting a fever we need to just go get a covid-19 test to make sure she is ok. She didn't love the swab, but was a trooper and we were all super grateful they could do it in the front of the nose instead of the back. We got the results back the next day and she was negative, halelujah!
For Brett's tech class he is learning about minecraft skins and he and Sean made these minecraft guys the other day. 
Alana had to design a robot:
We upgraded to a king size bed and I am trying to decide what kind of blanket I want. I had these beautiful Minky's I made for work last week and laid them out to see how the colors would look.  This fabric is called snowy owl and I think I like the natural better than the navy. I think it will be about $200 to make a minky for the bed which is a bit steep, although bedding is pretty expensive! 
We are continuing in learning about Energy in science and we did some fun experiments with conductors and insulators this past week. 
We had the Saffrons over for a game night and our kids had a hard time getting to sleep. They all ended up on the couch while the adults stayed up late playing games and eating jelly beans. 
The Saffron's youngest boy Lincoln stayed up late with us and had so much fun playing caterpillar with Sean.
Its that wonderful time of year when we all need flu shots. We went to Sean's clinic one day at lunch time and all got our shots. Lizzie was the only one that was scared this year and she recovered quickly. Sean had to stay at work, but the kids and I went to kneaders as a reward for bravery!
The basement bedroom is coming along and I got to prime the whole thing one night while listening to an audible book:
Oreo loves snuggling in this chair:
Lizzie made a game that I played with her one Sunday morning. It was very simple and very fun =)
Heres the basement room with mud and tape:


Lizzie had a bath one night and then wanted oreos, it was amazing how quickly she was covered in chocolate again!
Sean started teaching Alana to draw using pixels on the computer and is going to help her make an animation.
Recess:
We started learning about Ancient China and drew these chinese dragons one day:
Oreo likes to snuggle in the bed when I shower:
Grandma had a birthday and they came to our house for a celebratory lunch. Grandpa brought his coin collections and helped beef up Bretts coin collection.
The new Mulan finally came out and we all watched it together at Papa and Mimi's on their big screen.


Sean finished my third blog book and I love it!
Learning about protons, neutrons, electrons, and molecules.
Our primary lesson this morning on 3 Ne 14:15-20
The basement baseboard and paint is up!





Sean taught the kids a lesson about programming and how you have to give very specific directions. He pretended to be a robot and they had to give him directions to make lunch. He did everything they said like put the ham on the bread (but he just put the whole package on) to help them learn to be detailed.



Here's when they had just put the sheetrock in:

Grandma's birthday presents
We went to the Temple grounds one Sunday to learn about the Temple
Perler beads!

And just in case we didn't have enough to do we decided to paint our bedroom wall before our new bed came.
 

Carpet comes this week and then we will try having Brett sleep in the basement. If he decides he likes that then we get to move him down there and reorganize the girls into their own rooms upstairs =) 

1 comment: