Thursday, February 4, 2021

A new year

 Sean and I always argue about whether January or February feels longer. I always say January and it was a long one this year. Getting back into home school with the kids was fun and has been good to get back to a schedule. Sean's job has been kinda crummy, I won't give details but its just been discouraging. We did do lots of fun things though! 

We decided to buy a new treadmill and rowing machine. They have been so nice to have down in the basement. We have since added a bike and mounted the TV so its a great workout space. 
This dog is so loved. I took him to the vet this morning and he now weighs 55 lbs! The vet says he could stand to lose 5, but he is healthy and happy. 

Brett rearranges his bedroom a lot and this was one of the set-ups he had a few weeks ago.

Sean took Alana skiing and they had so much fun. The biggest problem was that they forgot her socks so her feet got cold. 
Geodes from Christmas
We have played this Hogwarts battle like 20 times. It is such a fun game!

Lizzie got a new dresser from Ikea and Alana helped Sean put it together. 

Lizzie is VERY talented at makeup!
Our neighbors the Ellis Family gave us Don't Break The Ice on New Years and it has been a lot of fun!
The Saffrons came for New Years Eve. We made it shorter this year and went to bed about 10:30.
But we were all excited to welcome 2021
Lizzie has loved her tea set. One Sunday we made cookie dough bites to serve with juice to everyone. 

These are the cards Brett gave everyone for Christmas. I just wanted pictures of them because they were so sweet. 




Watercolor lessons for school.

Working out!
Shepherds pie in my new dutch oven from Mom and Dad Z from Christmas
Oreo loves to sack out everywhere.
My mom gave Brett and Alana candy dispensers for Christmas and we had a fun time building them. Lizzie decided to order one with her own money, so we built that a few days later. 

I got a ton of hair cut of my head and it was fun. I had my old friend Sarah from Provo do it and she was so fun to see again!


Our friend Diantha gave us this amaryllis this year and it was so much fun to watch grow! 
We started a chemistry unit and it has been the highlight of our weeks. Sean teaches it on his lunch break =)
Brett is rocking in Karate. He basically gets 1 on 1 training and is progressing quickly!
Crafts!

Brett did this watercolor and we were all impressed!
Lizzie got a hair cut too, we are winners!



And Brett got a haircut!
We went to visit Brian and Jill and meet their rat Penny. The kids were in love! 



We got some pizza


I made Lucy's first birthday cakes. Here is the smash cake:
And here is her other cake. The theme was I Love Lucy
Alana has been taking her medicine everyday and clothes are feeling much better. We are still picky, but its not the battle it was in November/December.
Lizzie got a bit of a stuffy nose and climbed in bed with me one morning. She fell back asleep with this tissue in her hand which was so cute to me. 
The girls were doing an activity to learn my phone number. 

One of our favorite things in January is to celebrate Uncle Brett day on Jan 7. This year we got some balloons, wrote note, baked cupcakes, and ate cupcakes.




Lizzie bought this fun dinosaur from Target for $15
Oreo loves blankets. 

I decided to take over the project of getting the blog into book form and remembered Sean saying we needed a new program. I looked it up on google trying to find a good fit and found Into Real Pages. I was able to put together this huge volume in about 2 hours! It was twice as big as the other volumes so probably would have take 25-30 hours on the other program. It was just so easy and the book came and its beautiful! It was like $225 which is pricey but so worth it for the service it was.

Sean got a new shirt and looks so handsome
Sean has been working on adding more storage to our mudroom. He took this picture of what my dad built in their home as inspiration for what he'd like to build in ours. He added some cabinets up to the ceiling and will be building cubbies, a bench, and hooks, really similar to this. 
Alana and Brett bought camp chairs for their bedrooms. 
Sean got the second Covid vaccine and it wiped him out! 

He took both kids skiing and Brett is finally getting really smooth at it!

Heres right after he hung the new cabinets. 
Brett did some bunny sitting for a neighbor. 
Love to watch the kids imaginations at work!
Neil and Rebecca invited us over for a movie afternoon in their new home theater. It was so much fun to pop popcorn and watch tangled on their huge screen with surround sound. 

Lizzie has been setting up fun games under her bed
I taught Brett to make garlic knots. 
Poor kid after getting allergy shots. He is on the highest concentration now and only has three more weekly shots before we can start doing monthly.
I took Oreo to get a bath and haircut!

While Sean took the big kids skiing, Lizzie and I went to visit my mom and Elroy. 

More watercolor lessons. 

We finally bought steak knives and we feel so grown up.
Last time Lincoln Saffron was here, we played on the camera on my phone and his face was so funny!
We had a get together at Neil and Rebecca's to give Dad P a blessing. 


I love it when Brett reads to the girls as part of school
I guess I'm into selfies because I liked my hair that day =) 
Sean was having a particularly crummy day at work so we sent him this picture to bring him cheer =)
Heres the cabinets with the filler pieces in. 
More tea parties. 
Alana wanted to go to sleep in Oreo's dog bed one night, lol.
It was a warm day earlier this week, so we walked to the park and the kids were in heaven! 
We have been using a litmus solution to test the ph of different things. This week we tested Kale, apple, lemon, orange juice, cabbage, and tomato. 

Alana got some new shirts in the mail that feel good
Fun art at the vet
Brett (I think) drew this digital version of Oreo. I am pretty blown away with both Brett and Alana's skills at digital art!






No comments:

Post a Comment