Monday, April 12, 2021

Conference and Easter

 General Conference and Easter happened the weekend before Lizzie's birthday. It was a great weekend and we all enjoyed feeling the Spirit. I bought some huge coloring banners that we enjoyed doing and we ate good food and candy. 

Alana started karate and Brett helped her tie her belt the first night. She is in the beginner class from 6-7 and Brett is in the advanced from 7-8 so we are trying to figure out logistically how to make it work. The kids don't seem to mind watching each other so thats helpful. The community center where its held is also close to the Fabric Center where I drop off and pick up blankets so sometimes I can decrease trips a bit. 

I feel the need to take selfies sometimes and I think its because I get all ready and then I don't go anywhere =)


Oreo likes to sleep in the bathtub, not sure why?
I though this was a funny way to eat the brownies. 
Lizzie got kneed in the eye by Brett on accident and ended up getting a little black eye. 
Oreo is always glad when we come home after church.
Our community did a fun Easter Egg hunt in the green space behind our house the Saturday before Easter. The kids got lots of candy and had lots of fun!


The shower that my mom and I threw for my cousin turned out sooo cute!
This little boy wouldn't go to anyone at the shower but her found Alana, climbed in her lap, and insisted they hang out =)



Lizzie got to switch over from the 5 point harness. Here is the last time she had to be in the 5 point harness.




Sean finished caulking and painting the mudroom while we listened to Conference
We dyed eggs and had a lot of fun!




We had lots of candy and treats as incentives for listening to conference. 
Here's the dinosaur coloring banner.
We had some words we listened for and got a candy if we heard them. We were all excited when Elder Holland wished us a Peaceful, Joyful, Easter.
The Saffrons dropped by on Saturday night and we hung out and the guys watched priesthood session together. 
On Sunday morning the kids got some baskets with candy and Brett and Alana got new scooters. Lizzie got a bubble camera which she loves! 

We pulled out the Harry Potter coloring banner for Sunday

We had a yummy dinner with ham, roasted potatoes, green beans, pistachio jello salad, resurrection rolls, and deviled eggs. Mom and Dad Z and Mom and Dad P came for Easter dinner. 

More karate
My ministering sister brought me a little bit of the temple since we can't go to the Temple right now. 
I got my second vaccine! I was pretty tired and wiped out the next day. 
We had a puppy park picnic on Saturday for Lizzie and it was a lot of fun. It was windy and a bit chilly, but I think everyone still had fun! 






Xander was cold so I gave him my sweatshirt =)
Lizzie got this new dress from my parents and it was so cute on her!

Putting together the dinosaurs Afton gave her.







1 comment:

  1. I love the selfies. We need to show off after all that work of getting ready. :) Conference looks like it was good to your family too.

    ReplyDelete