As we finished homeschool and started summer freedom I still wanted the kids to have some structure. I made them each a daily task list that includes getting dressed, brushing teeth, and a chore. Brett has two chores and piano or educational game. Alana has to read me or Sean a book and then do Lexia or independent reading. Lizzie has to brush her hair and spend time reading. All the kids have to spend an hour outside or doing something creative. If they get all their tasks done each day we earn a prize for that week. The first week was a trip to the gas station, the second week was ice cream, the third week we didn't get things done as well, and this past week they earned a trip to a fancy soda and cookie shop (we haven't done that yet). In preparation for summer reading I bought some new books for the kids. They have all devoured these ones:
We now need to go to the library. Alana and Lizzie love making clothes for their stuffed animals out of paper. In this picture they were making clothes and Alana was telling Lizzie that the stuffies didn't need masks if they were fully vaccinated (thats the current CDC guidelines).
Alana was pretending to be Mary:
We met some friends at Big Bear Park and played on the playground, then we went to Hometown Buffet together. It was yummy and the kids really liked the idea of a buffet.
Alana has worked really hard in karate and has now earned her yellow stripe belt.
Brett has also been working so hard and has earned his brown belt:
Papa bought us some Osmo's for the kids ipads. They have some fun interactive games.
Sean's dad has been having lots of health concerns recently with back pain, muscle weakness, stomach aches, and overall exhaustion and falls. I loved this picture of Lizzie snuggling with him since he can't pick up the kids anymore.
Alana and Brett have both graduated from booster seats in the car.
Brett and Eli did legos in water one day for fun.
The girls set up a fun game with magna tiles and beanie boos one day and Oreo really wanted to play. The sun shining through the windows made all kinds of shadows and reflections he really wanted to jump on.
Alana brought in a roly poly to show me one day while I was sewing.
The girls made a pet store:
With Sean's dad recent falls and unsteadiness and my mom sometimes feeling a bit unsteady too, Sean built a handrail for our garage.
He also installed this awesome cabinet in our laundry room.
We had a Peterson memorial day BBQ and also celebrated Mom P's birthday that day too.
I bought this pool from walmart for $25 and it was totally worth it the kids (and Oreo) have already had so much fun!
Oreo gets so muddy!
I made a new fettucini recipe and it was really yummy, Lizzie approved!
When we earned ice cream for the kids summer tasks we went to the ice cream store at thanksgiving point. It was really yummy!
Lizzie decided she wanted to try karate out as well. She does great at listening but it is hard to remember the moves. She is the youngest in the class but she is having fun!
The kids decided to make some pillows one day. I feel like this is such a classic summer activity! Here is Alana being awarded her yellow stripe belt.
We were doing our family scripture time one night before bed and we read a scripture about girding up your loins. Sean and I were trying to explain to the kids what that phrase meant and I said it like when people say "put on your big girl pants" The kids thought this was the most hilarious think in the world and made a train chanting "put on your big girl pants" They were so hyper that night, they ended up all sleeping in the big family room in the basement.
We went to coconut cove with Kaden and Alexis and it was a lot of fun! It felt so nice to be out doing normal things without masks (although I find myself feeling nervous about all the germs.
The kids let Oreo try out the pillows they made.
Mimi and Brett ran a 5k together. Well actually Brett ran with a friend he met just a bit ahead of Mimi. They both did great!
Sean and I ran a 10k the next morning. We both finished with times we were proud of. Sean finished in 53 min and I finished in 70.
That afternoon the girls were signed up for a 1k. Brett, Kaden, and Lexi joined them.
Bretts been making some really fun lego creations. This one is a business called Stupid Co.
Sean built a handrail for Neil and Rebeccas garage. Lizzie got a fun package in the mail to congratulate her for finishing Waterford Upstart.
Brett wasn't feel 100% last Sunday so he and I came home and snuggled:
My parents got Lizzie a new swimsuit.
Oreo and Winston have started to be friends.
Crazy thinks with swings:
We took the Saffrons to the zoo this past week and it was a lot of fun!
We took our kids and the Ellis kids to the new Draper pool.
The kids did a lemonade and cookie stand this week and earned $15!
Alana lost another tooth!



















































































No comments:
Post a Comment