Brett's birthday is always the first week of school. He likes school so this is all fine, but I always feel sad that he gets tons of new toys and then goes right to school. I wish we could celebrate at the beginning of the summer so he could play with his toys all summer. If we did that though I know I would still buy him gifts for his actual birthday and then he'd just have two birthdays. This year I thought we should throw his friend party before the school year started so we did it two Saturdays before school started. We had so much fun! Brett invited the Ellis kids, Preston, Ender, and Caiden. The boys all have different personalities and so its interesting when they al get together. They played super smash bros, did water gun fight, a piñata, pizza, presents, and cake. The boys all spoiled brett and he got $40 of nintendo money, a Harry Potter lego set, and tech set. He was really wanting to buy a specific Jurrasic World game for the switch that was $60. He has been saving but wanted to wait and see if he got any gift cards. At his party he went to buy it from the digital shop and it was half off! He was so excited!!















Seans dads health has been rapidly declining the past several months. He has seen lots of doctors and specialists but the symptoms weren't fitting anything in particular. It started with some intense low back pain and has progressed to a lot of weakness, shortness of breath, falls, and several other things. We got a diagnosis of ALS a few weeks ago and we are all struggling a little with how quickly this disease has progressed and how quickly it will continue to progress. The prognosis is 2-4 years from the onset of symptoms. Its all very scary! So even though the pandemic is spiking all over the country and especially here in Utah, Eric and Natalie decided to come and visit since they haven't see Mom and Dad P in a while and baby Sofia still hasn't met them. They came the week that school started for Brett, Alana, Kaden and Lexi. We got to see them a lot more than I expected actually and it was fun to see Estelle and Sofia. We got together at Neil and Rebeccas house on Sunday night for some dessert and then on Monday the kids and I went to the zoo with Eric, Natalie, Estelle, Sofia, Jill, Xander, and Lucy.

















Lizzie and I joined Eric and Natalie and Jill and kids at the Dinosaur museum on Tuesday.
Then on Friday we had everyone over here for a fun BBQ. It was a lot of fun to get all together and we got some fun photos of Darrell with the boys and Darrell and Carol with the boys. We were sad to be missing Brandon and Michal's family.
We celebrated Brett's birthday with everyone there:
After the BBQ all the ladies met and Mom and Dad P's house to watch a new movie called Once I was Engaged. It was super cute and very nice to spend time all together. I arrived just in time to hear Dad P give Eric a fathers blessing and to see Neil and Eric give Dad a blessing.
That week was also the start of school. Brett and Alana started on Tuesday and they were so excited. Lizzie had a hard time with them leaving, but I scheduled her Kindergarten testing and meet the teacher on Tuesday. Right after we dropped off Brett and Alana and I tried not to cry in front of all their friends, Liz and I made some yummy cookies. Lizzie had a lot of fun playing with toys on her own and although she has missed Brett and Alana I have been impressed with how well she has played independently.
Alana got a violin and Sean is going to start teaching her =)
Sweet Lizzie
On Saturday morning we had a fun carnival/field day activity for the primary. It was our last activity before our president was released because she is moving. I was sustained on Sunday as the new primary president.
Lizzie was running a sushi restaurant on Saturday and delivering fresh magna tile sushi to me =)
And then today my sweet Lizzie Jean started Kindergarten. She was so so excited and asked me to walk her to the playground, but then she just ran in and said bye. I waited and watched as she played with her friends and headed in to the classroom. She was so brave and so cute and I can't wait for all the fun she is about to have!
What a fun party! Your kids are getting so big!
ReplyDelete