Being the primary president has kept me incredibly busy lately. We got a new bishopric and so there have been extra meetings and adjustments as we all get on the same page. I love serving with so many wonderful people and I love being with the children. With a change in primary presidency, bishopric, and primary chorister all in the last three months, our program got pushed into December. The children will be singing on my birthday. I wrote the program just based off what I saw the former president do the year before covid, so hopefully it will run smoothly. I know the kids will be cute no matter what, but I worry it may be too short. Since we are doing it in December we get to have Christmas music as part of it and I think it will be lovely. So that has kept me busy, writing, organizing, and prepping. We are also planning a Temple and Priesthood prep program for the kids graduating primary this year. It will also be on my birthday and should be a nice evening. Then trying to figure out what teachers should be called and released and what classes should combine next year. Then nursery is a whole different story! Most people don't want to serve there and when I do submit names most of the time I am told no for a variety of reasons. Its frustrating how long everything takes especially because the nursery has to get tons of subs each week. I am learning patience though, lol!
Alana had a friend birthday party this year which was so fun! In past years she hasn't wanted to invite lots of friends to our house because she felt too anxious, but this year she has been feeling good enough that she wanted to have a bunch of people over. She wanted a horse theme so we painted wooden horse ornaments, played pin the tail on the horse, had a donkey piñata (the horse ones wouldn't come in time), ate horse cupcakes, opened presents and played hot potato. It was a very fun day!
The kids became eligible for their covid-19 vaccinations. We went to a public health office and they did a great job. The kids were so brave and so excited to get their shots.
Lizzie lost another tooth. This one on the top and I was so excited she did right before family pictures. Its so cute!
We had a visit to the dentist for dental cleanings for the kids. Our insurance changed so we tried a new dentist right by the dominos, they were nice but they won't accept our new insurance after this year, so we switched to a different plan and are hopefully going back to our old dentist. The kids were brave though, so we got pizza on the way home.
Alana's cake and cupcakes:
More from Alana's party:
On Alana's actual birthday, we went to Noodles and Co for dinner. Brett and Alana both polished off their meals pretty quick and were still hungry. I asked Sean if he thought the portions had gotten smaller and Sean replied that he things the kids have gotten bigger =)
We had some family pics taken at a tree farm in Draper. They turned out nice:
Alana's penguin she sewed.
I made a special punch that had Hawaiin punch, sprite and rainbow sherbet in it. Neil and Sean were figuring out how to put it in a two liter bottle so Neil's family could take it home.
We went and did some "honey do" items at Mom P's house the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We put up her beautiful tree and Lizzie especially loved helping put the ornaments on.
The kids got the ornaments on our trees as well:
My work had us come in on that Saturday to pick up our Christmas bundles. They gave me a chocolate cream pie, this amazing huge minky blanket, a $100 gift card to the store, and $150 bonus check. They are so generous and I felt so appreciated.













































No comments:
Post a Comment