Last fall I was super busy and didn't end up doing Alana's birthday movie. My computer was having a hard time uploading imovie and I needed Sean's help. I decided Christmas break was the best time to do it but we ended up playing with family so much and I was still having technical difficulties. As Lizzie's birthday is coming up in April I needed to start working on her birthday movie and I didn't want to start hers until I did Alana's. I finished Alana's and now I need to get to work on Lizzie's but I thought I would update our blog before I dive into another movie project.
The second half of February was a lot of fun!
We went to lunch at the Porcupine Grill for my dad's birthday. Its a restaurant Sean would often go to with the residency when they would go on ski/interview days. He loved it a ton and everything he had there was good. We finally all went together and the food was delicious. We had a lovely lunch celebrating Dad and then we went bowling. My dad brought his bowling ball and shoes and he was in heaven!
Here's Lizzie at the bowling alley:
We got the porcupine dessert which was a chocolate cake ganache covered in chocolate and almonds to make the quills. It was super rich and not my favorite, but it was so cute! The other dessert we got was a bread pudding that was so good! It was like a french toast caserole.
Alana has learned that she really likes to make pudding from Mimi. She does a great job!
My sweet Oreo:
Alana earned her green belt in Karate and is now in the advanced class with Brett. She is so proud and works really hard at it!
My mom and dad are going on an Alaskan cruise in May and my mom got my dad binoculars for his birthday.
One of the kids took this picture and I love it!
This is the look he gives when he is crouched down ready for us to throw the ball:
We went to Chili's one Saturday with Mom and Dad Z and Brett and Lizzie were playing a fun game blowing bubbles in their drinks.
These are pictures Sean took at the porcupine grill, moments like these are what makes parenting worth it!We splurged a bit, and Mom P helped with birthday money, and changed the lighting in our dining room. We had this chandelier that looked really awkward. It wasn't place where our table was and would provide light for one side, but the other side would get really dark. We had an electrician come out and remove the chandelier and put in 6 can lights instead. It is SOOO much brighter and I really love how much more open the space looks.
After several attempts at trying to figure out a time for Sean to take these two skiing, we worked out a day and found out that kids ski free at Brighton so we only had to pay for Sean's lift ticket. They had a great time! Brett is completely independent and Alana had a great time skiing assisted with Sean. She isn't ready to try on her own yet. She got tired after two runs and so she took Sean's phone and watched a movie in the lodge while Sean and Brett went on a blue square course. They had Brett's gabb watch so Alana could call them if she needed. They all came home very happy! Lizzie missed them a lot so we made some cake batter cookie sandwiches while they were gone. Even though we bought her skis this year, she didn't end up wanting to go. I don't blame her, but maybe she will want to try next year.
March always brings super warm sunshiny days as well as snow days. The kids have thought that was so funny this year. Alana found this icicle hanging from the trampoline. She loves to be outdoors, no matter the weather!
We gave my dad this fun "Yoda best grandpa" shirt for his birthday, Alana loves to rough house and tease with him!
My best friend since 4th grade Melanie texted me one Wednesday night and asked me if I would like to go see Treasure Island with her the next night. I said of course! Not only did I want to spend time with her, I had heard the play was really good. I was able to get my blankets all delivered and the kids had decided to skip karate that night so that Brett could do his therapy at home. So it all worked out for me to go! Melanie picked me up and we drove to the theater. It was so fun to chat and catch up on life. I haven't seen her since September. The play was so well done and the special effects were incredible, but oh my goodness I had no idea how violent it would be. Melanie and I just kept staring at each other in horror after so many murders kept happening from such evil pirates. We truly had a great time!
These boys were singing "We don't talk about Bruno"
My mom has been having a lot of problems with her hands lately. The arthritis has gotten really bad and she just had a surgery last Monday. Before he surgery though she was starting to feel the limitations to quilting from her arthritic hands. They decided to take the plunge into long arm quilting. They bought the machine, table, frames, and lots of accessories. Its really fun and she let us all try it out! They have a class coming up to teach them even more.
Alana found a dead potato bug that had been there for awhile, it looked like a fossil so she brought it in and asked for a picture to be taken =)
So we took the fence down, moved one garden box across the yard and moved another over to make more space in the corner. We took all the soil out of the square planter box and plan to turn that into the new sandbox. We moved the rubber edging and pulled out a ton of sod. Sean realigned sprinklers and drip systems. Next we need to level the ground, add in weed barriers, add rocks, add sand, and plant flowers and a tree.
The area in the corner will now be filled with rocks and the trampoline will go over there, then a peach tree will go in the middle of the grass on the right hand side of the picture. Sean and I spent about 6 hours working on Saturday and we still have lots to do, but it was a lot of fun to work in our own yard!
Heres the other side of the yard with the planter over there.
Our music leader brought this fun elephant for the kids to use while helping to conduct the music. Both Brett and Alana got turns.
Brett made a peanut butter oreo pie and it was delicious!
Primary activities were a hit this past week. The boys played cookie face and the girls had a get to know you activity.
Lizzie loves to do an online reading program called Lexia, she is so obsessed with it she is already on the same level Alana is on. She plays it for hours at a time and is rapidly learning her reading skills. She likes to play at martial arts while Brett and Alana go to class.
I had a serviceman come to the house to give my sewing machine a tune up. It was soooo caked with minky fuzz and he told me that sewing minky is hell on machines and I need to have it serviced every 6 months instead of every year. I agreed with him. I have been sewing around 20 blankets each week the last few weeks and it has been a lot. The paychecks are nice, but its hard to keep up with everything!
Sean came home with pizza, flowers, and ice cream on Friday night! He is the BEST!






























































No comments:
Post a Comment