General Conference was lovely and usual! I was particularly drowsy this time, so I need to re-read the talks =) We watch Saturday morning at our house then went to help do some yard work at my parents house and watched the Saturday afternoon session at their house. We watched Sunday morning at our house and then went to visit Mimi and watch the Sunday afternoon session with her. She made us a yummy dinner and we had a great time chatting.
The work on our yard has continued and the new bigger sandbox and new sandbox location is already a big hit.
When we got home for Mimi's house after conference I went to get a drink and saw King our goldfish lying on the counter. I was shocked and called the kids over to tell them our sweet fish was sadly gone. He is such a fun fish and is always so energetic, I often think he looks like he is going to jump out, but I didn't think he actually could. Sean saw his eye twitch and tried to scoop him up. He started wriggling so Sean grabbed him and got him back in the water. I wasn't convinced he would make it, but the next day he was still here. We bought him a way bigger tank and he seems much happier in it. Finn the beta also upgraded to Kings old bowl and seems to like the extra space as well. Although, we spend most days thinking he might be dead, then he moves again. I haven't seen him eat in like a month. Pretty sure he is a zombie.
Sean and I attended our friend Tricia's spring concert with Mom P. It was a beautiful performance with so much music focused on the Savior and Joy.
Lizzie Jean has been so excited for her birthday this year. She had all kinds of ideas and expectations about how it should go. She saved her favorite pajamas to wear the night before and she wanted her friends to come over for a party on her actual birthday. Thank goodness Sean had the day off so he could help! He worked on the yard most of the morning then we took Lizzie to Walmart to pick out a bike. We checked Brett and Alana out of school a bit early and started the birthday party at 3pm. Lizzie has so many cute friends and it was so fun to see all the girls laugh and play together.
The night before her birthday sleeping with bear and goo scrunchied to her wrist.
Brett and Alana got Lizzie a wiggle bike!Opening pajamas, a new shirt, and a robot puppy.
Riding her new wiggle bike
Robot puppy:
decorating cupcakes:
We had apples, carrots, cotton candy, cupcakes and cake.
Sean suggested we do one party game instead of a ton. So I bought 25 scribble scrubs and some new bathtubs and a ferris wheel and the kids played with scribble scrubs for most of the time. When they first got here, they played outside. Then we did scribble scrubs, then cake, then presents.
Before and after on our yard. I am super happy with how it turned out!
My work put together an Easter Egg Hunt and it was such a fun time. They had awesome prizes and so much to go around.
We will be traveling on Easter this year, so we had our Easter Dinner on Palm Sunday and celebrated Lizzie's birthday with the family at the same time.
Oreo was exhausted after all this fun stuff!
Our new peach tree!
I got a haircut again.
More Easter Egg hunting:
Lizzie wanted me to take this photo of her eating a chocolate muffin.
Sean's childhood friend Peter came to stay with us for a week. He arrived on Sunday in time to join our pre-Easter dinner. He has had to work during the days, but had Wednesday off with Sean. Stefan also came and joined them for some games and fun. We went bowling one night, then out to Red Robin another.
Heres Lizzie's birthday video:
And here is Alana's late birthday movie:



















































No comments:
Post a Comment