Our neighbor Nick got a snake and named him Ebenezer. Alana loved it. He got a virus and died and it was super sad!
Best Friends that live next door to each other and have best friend families. Its pretty much a dream come true!Had Caiden and Rowan over one night and they played some checkers.
We babysat Gray and Frankie from our ward to help out their mom who had a 2 week old. It was a lot of fun!
Gray really liked the big kids and loved watching the dragons too!
We got invited over to the Ford families house for pizza one Sunday night and the kids had fun playing games and dressing up the dogs.
Lucy turned 3 and we got to go to her mountain themed party. She is so stinkin cute!
Brett let me snuggle him in my lap. He doesn't fit like he used to.
Gold fish art and games:
The loft has transitioned from sewing room to toy room. This was a stuffie talent show with flashlights and a stage.
NO one ever feeds this poor puppy:
We went to Middle School registration for Brett! Crazy!!
Alana has been wanting to try aerial gymnastics for a long time. She was really good at it, but found it kinda unsettling. This was just a trial class.
We decided to move our piano into our family room to make it more central in the house. I have loved it there so far. We are turning the front room into an office.
Mom P came over a few Sundays ago and asked if Sean could still play the concerto he learned in High School. He did AMAZING at remembering so much of it!Brandon and Michal's family gave us a baking mix to make dog cookies for Oreo. Oreo approved!
Lizzie was leader of the month in the Fall, but felt like she wasn't super celebrated because I never saw the invitation to the special breakfast. She mentioned that she was sad to her teacher and Mrs. Sobisky decided to have a special treat one Monday afternoon to celebrate Lizzie. Mrs. Sobisky bought chocolate muffing since she knows they are Lizzie's favorite!
Lizzie has a hard time on Wednesdays when Alana has primary activities and Brett has Young Mens. So one Wednesday while they were at activities, we took Lizzie on a cookie date.
Love reading to the kids lately! Like one of my favorite parts of the day!
For the 100th day of school Lizzie and Alana both got to dress up!
Sean and my Dad installed the backsplash Sean gave me for Christmas. It was a super long day and I think everyone was exhausted, but they did it in one Saturday!
I LOVE it! It is so beautiful!
Oreo found a fort the girls built in Lizzie's bedroom.
Sean and I were able to take Brett to the Draper Temple to do Proxy Baptisms. It was an amazing experience. Sean got to perform the ordinances and I got to be a witness and hand Brett his towel and do some proxy confirmations as well. What a special day. Brett was so happy and said his favorite part was all the people and how welcoming they were. Sutffie party on the table
These kids put on every pair of socks they owned to stay warm on the trampoline.
The kids all decided to make Valentine boxes the night before Valentines Day. They did a great job!
I helped in Bretts class and brought this minute to win it game where they had to move m&ms with a straw from one plate to another. The class was so so noisy!
We had a Valentine party that night. Grandma and Grandpa came and we had homemade pretzels, cheese ball with crackers veggies and meat, and chocolate fondue. Everything was yummy and felt special.
Sean and I gave the kids all a new stuffed animal dog.
We played the m&m game as well as a game with candy wrapped in plastic wrap. You had to unwrap the plastic wrap with oven mitts on while the person next to you rolls dice. As soon as the person rolls doubles, the plastic wrap ball and oven mitts get passed. Any candy that falls out on your turn, you get to keep.
We also played the cookie face game where you have to put a cookie on your forehead and use your face muscles to try and move it into your mouth.
Sean took Brett and Alana skiing one Friday afternoon. I went and got fingerprinted at the district office again (this time to renew my license) then checked the kids out early to drive them out to Sean's office. They left directly from there and had a great time. Alana and Brett are both really great skiiers now and it was a super warm day so no one got too cold!
Oreo loves clothes and I have now become "that" dog mom who buys him clothes.
Bear still hangs out with us all the time and we still lose him in the house and search madly for him several times a week.
Michal sent the link to these darling dresses and the girls each picked one. They are so soft and are warm for winter Sundays.
A few months ago Mom Peterson was telling Sean and I about how she had been invited to go to Disneyland with Eric and Natalie's family. She was feeling a bit sad about traveling there on her own and staying at the Grand Californian (where she last stayed with Papa). I offered to go with her and she said she would like that. It really was a honor to go and spend so much time with her and Eric and Natalie's family. I missed my kids and Sean so much and can't wait to take them there.
We rode Small World at night and it was fun to see these lights shining out from the top.
Riding the train:
Character Breakfast
Mandalorian:
I asked Lizzie if she would like me to bring her a stuffed animal. She said yes and I told her I would look for the ugliest, pokiest stuffed animal I could find. These creatures from Galaxies Edge were pretty ugly and pokey. I didn't actually buy them, but took pics instead.
Mom P and I walked right on to the Smugglers Run ride in the single rider line. It was a lot of fun!
We paid to ride in the lightning lane of the Runaway Railway. Such a cute and fun ride!
We rode Pirates:
In line to Pirates I found these cute girls with Mickey hair!
Yummy Monte Cristo for lunch:
The characters were all out and about and it was so fun to see them on the rides.
Alice and Wonderland is always a fun one:
The night we got there we ate at Earl of Sandwich.
Our hotel room was so darling:
These signs were in the airport on the long walk to the B terminal:
Mom P and I took a break on the Disneyland Day afternoon and had an ice cream sundae in the Golden Horseshoe while watching a fun pianist/singer.
On Day 2 we used our Early Entry and secret hotel entrance to California Adventure. We rode the Mator ride. It was so fun to talk to and hand out with Estelle.
We rode the new spiderman ride which was very clever!
They did a good job at making the spiders cute:
Natalie's cousin and his family were there too so it was fun to meet new people and see Estelle enjoying her second cousins.
Mom P and I snuck away that afternoon to attend the animation cell painting class. It was something that she and Dad had done when they stayed there and it was very special to do together. This time it wasn't on the top of the Paradise Pier and Mom didn't trip and get a black eye.
We got beignets after our class:
We shared some tacos and beans for dinner and they were extremely yummy!
All the lights are always so fun!
While I was gone Sean took Presidents Day off to be with the kids. They went to Boondocks and had lots of fun:
Cookie got some snuggles
Oreo likes to snuggle in our bed when we brush our teeth at night so Sean sent me this picture.
Oreo decided he didn't want to wear his shirt one day so Brett tried it on.
The night before I came home it started to snow. The snow started and just kept coming. They canceled school for the next day and Sean ended up taking another day off work. Our flight was delayed 2 hours because the airport in Salt Lake didn't have a place for us to land. Luckily that was lifted and we were able to arrive just a little later than was planned.
Sean's arms felt like jelly from shoveling so so much! When I got home I helped our neighbor a bit, but I missed most of the shoveling fun.
Oreo had a hard time going potty outside because there was so so much snow!!
But he still chooses to lay on the deck and overlook his kingdom even when he is laying on ice!
The day after I got home the district called another snow day because the busses were still snowed in and the schools hadn't had enough snow removed to be safe. My friend Tricia got stuck in traffic on her way back from New Mexico and her boys didn't have school because of the snow day. We had Caiden and Rowan over for a big chunk of the day. It was hard on emotions because of tiredness, but it ended up ok and Trish sent us Chick Fil A for dinner so that helped =)
We celebrated my Dad's birthday and it was so lovely to be with my parents and Aunt and Uncle!
Alana made this Purple People Eater picture =)
And it just kept snowing. Heres Oreo and I on a morning walk. We are all pretty sick of snow!
Brett has been improving in orchestra. He is working hard.


































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment