Sunday, October 13, 2024

September/October

September was a fun month! We went to see a play called Arsenic and Old Lace and it was very very funny! The kids did a great job sitting through the long play and they enjoyed the candy! 
Uncle Brian and Uncle Dale came to visit for a weekend and Sean's cousin Heather organized a little reunion picnic at the park. It was so fun to see so many Peterson cousins! 
Mountain Point had its annual PTA fun run for its fundraiser. We had a great time going and buying extra chalk to throw at each other. 


We finally got our couch situation figured out and have two sofas instead of a sofa and loveseat. We are loving our new cozy deep couches and our beautiful new piano! 
I picked all our apples and we made some yummy apple crisps and some delicious apple pie filling!


We also picked all our peaches and there were so many! They were huge and sweet!

My Relief Society had a devotional up the canyon to share testimonies of the Book of Mormon. I was asked to be part of a group to sing a few songs. We sang I believe in Christ and As sisters in Zion. It was so beautiful hearing the singing in the canyon! 

I made so much peach freezer jam from our peach tree! We sold some to raise money for the school fundraiser and then gave lots away too. We still have lots in our freezer! It is so yummy! 
We went to walgreens one night so everyone could get their vaccines. Lizzie got her flu shot, Alana got flu and HPV, I got flu and covid, Brett got flu, covid and HPV, and Sean got flu, covid and Hepatitis B. It was a lot! 
We picked some prizes after all the shots! 
It took Ore awhile to adjust to the new couches. He was pretty apprehensive to get on them at first, but he had now adjusted and loved snuggling on them. 
We had a game night at Brian and Jill's:
Our blow up froggy came out for Halloween. 
Lizzie's costime came, she wants to be a cool chicken. 
The third graders at our school have a tradition of having Grandparents day. Grandparents are invited and the kids prepare a song to sing. Grandma and Grandpa were able to come. 

All our kids wildest dreams came true and they got to have a sleepover in a tent in the backyard with our neighbors 2 nights in a row! We are still a no sleepover family except with cousins. But our neighbors are our 8th cousins, lol, and they are just as close as family to us. 
We had parent teacher conferences and it was a very busy week. I have several students who are very low academically so those were some difficult conversations to have with parents. They are all darling and have really figured out how to be in school, although I still get lots of questions about when is it time to go to recess, and when can we got home? The kids and I had the Friday after conferences off and we did lots of cleaning and went to the reptile store to get crickets for Kiwi. The girls wanted to hold the baby snakes. 

I made two pans of cookies for conference weekend and also because our friends the Saffrons were coming to visit from Logan. I was out mowing the lawn and Lizzie helped herself, haha! It seriously drives me nuts that they cut cookies like this. And its also hilarious. 
I borrowed a waver from my friend Shulamith and loved the way it worked, so I bought one for me and the girls. 
General Conference is the BEST! I love getting to sit and just be spiritually fed from our leaders. The music was particularly beautiful and the messaged were very hopeful and joyful! President Nelson announces 17 new temples and he talked very clearly about how Jesus is coming soon! 
We did puzzles, crocheting, scratch art, candy words and ate lots of snacks. 
We picked good words this year and the kids got sick of eating skittles because the word love was picked so many times! 
Conference snuggles with chocolatey faces are the best! 

We had a BBQ on that Sunday night with the Peterson family to celebrate Papa's birthday. It was lovely to get together and so fun to have Watson come play with Oreo. 
The cousins had a dress up party in the basement. 
Brian bought us this great Stitch place mat! 
Brett had his first band concert, you can kinda see his head poking out in this picture. He is playing the flute and doing a great job! He has had his flute for more than a year and has taught himself a lot! He has been a bit frustrated because he has felt like he could have done honors band but the director wanted him to start with beginning. There is a good chance he will switch to honors band next semester. 
We tried Alana's hair with the waver, she has such pretty hair!

I love to see my kids playing with our neighbors and the neighbors cousins! It's a dreamy next door neighbor best friend situation going 6 years strong!

We took our annual trip to Cornbellys (a fun pumpkin patch/fall festival). We played hard, enjoyed the corn maze, ate yummy food, and laughed a lot! 

Feeding the parakeets was so fun! 



Tetherball is so fun!























 

No comments:

Post a Comment