I was invited to go to a production of Wizard of Oz at Sundance. Sundance is a mountain resort up Provo Canyon with a really nice outdoor amphitheater. It reminded me of Tuachan. I went with Tricia, Heather, Lori, and Tricia's sister Melissa. I don't LOVE the Wizard of Oz so I wasn't expecting much, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! The whole production was super impressive and I enjoyed the story a lot more than I remembered. It was a beautiful night and having the trees as a backdrop was pretty magical.
We spent the first few weeks of August continuing to help my parents prepare their house to sell. We spent every spare minute we had there, and Oreo was in heaven going to see Grandma and Winston several times a week. He is horrified of trucks and has been for a long time. Many times we would take both cars and Sean and the kids would squeeze in the Night Fury with the back stuffed with boxes and I would take the van and stuff the back with all kinds of treasures for the DI. Oreo was usually left with the front seat of the van being the only spot left. He was almost eaten by a dragon truck one day and had to take refuge under the dash board.
Among many other treasures in my parent's garage was this giant bag filled with diet coke caps. Several years ago they had a contest where you could enter codes from coke bottles to win prizes. There was a limit to how many you could enter a day and my dad drinks diet coke like water so he kept the extras to enter later. They eventually stopped the contest and now we find giant bags of coke caps everywhere. We threw this one away, but the other place we found a big stash was his nightstand drawer (I don't think he threw those away, haha).
This was a little Kitchen I played with at my Grandma Zaelit's house when I was little. My kids played with it at my parents house, but it hasn't been played with for years and we don't have space to save it til there are more kids in the family. I asked my neighbors if they could use it for their little 14 month old. They gladly took it and I am so happy it will continue to make kids happy!
The girls spent many hours designing dragons for the 3-d printer. Lizzie decided she wanted to do a 3d print and cotton candy shop. She learned about how she could only sell files that are public domain, which significantly limited what she could print to sell. So the girls started designing their own dragons in Tinker Cad. It was fun to see them print and then improve and print again.
As I was putting Alana to bed one night I noticed the toy horses were covered in doll clothes! I love the imagination of my girls and our neighbors!
Brett has been working really hard at piano and learned the full version of Fur Elise.
Here are more pictures from Sundance:
One year for Christmas I put together some family pictures and printed them to mix tiles for my mom. She hung them in her bedroom over the windows. It was a really pretty set up. Sean took a picture before taking them down in the staging process.
Pretty sure we are at the stage of life where we take more photos of Oreo than our children.
Alana went on her first girls camp. She was a little nervous but had a great time. Sean went up for the last afternoon and night and had a lot of fun with Alana.
I worked really hard on my classroom! Finding furniture fixing leg heights putting up borders and bullitin boards.
Lizzie really wanted to have a cotton candy and 3d print shop. We had fun looking for files that can be sold. We set up one day at the park and then the next day in the front yard. She made $50 and was so happy.
We had a great garden harvest this year. Lots of green beans and zucchini all through the summer. Lots of delicious peaches too! This zucchini got a little too big and the kids turned it into a baby with a mustache.
The first day of school came and Lizzie was so excited to start 4th grade with Miss Belliston! Alana started 6th grade with Miss Drago.
Brett had a birthday and turned 14! We had a pizza, ice cream, game night for his birthday and then had grandparents over on Sunday for a BBQ and cheesecake. He got a switch 2 for his birthday =)
Alana went to swim in the swim spa at her friends house.
We helped paint the fence at my parents house.
More pictures as my classroom came together.
The night before school started we finally went back to school shopping. We went to Old Navy and found most of what we needed then went to the mall food court for dinner.
Brett started 9th grade!!
I started my first year of all day Kindergarten and my 5th year overall teaching Kindergarten. My class has 19 students and they are darling!
More from Brett's birthday parties:
We also went to dinner at Noodles and Company and played with the chopsticks.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment