We finally made it! We got married! This is our thirteenth day as husband and wife and we are loving every minute of it. Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful, it was sunny and warm. All our family was there and even some wonderful friends were able to make it. We spent the morning of the ninth getting married and taking pictures. Then we drove out to West Jordan for our amazing baked potato luncheon. Then everyone helped put the final touches on the reception decorations while Sean and I ran to Salt Lake to check into our hotel. We got to spend some time doing an audio recording of our sealing and such, I am really excited to go back and listen to it soon. Sean and I went back to my parents house to get changed and ready for the reception. Grandma Webb wasn't able to come to the church and she wanted to see us in our clothes. She was thrilled and even consented to let us take a picture with her. We went over to the church and had more pictures taken. Sean's Mom helped me put the flowers on our cake and then before we could even get a good look at how the decorations looked we were in line saying hello to all our friends and family. It was really fun to see everyone! We took a break about half way through so we could cut the cake, Sean and I wanted to do it in the middle so people could actually eat it. After we stopped the line, Sean played and sang the song he wrote for me. It was beautiful!!! During the reception Jared made us the most amazing care package with cake and sandwiches and rolls, it was amazing. He also made sure we were getting food and drinks in the line. We took our care packages and headed out to the car which was decorated with shaving cream, streamers, balloons, and silly string. It was fantastic!!!
Our honeymoon started out in Salt Lake, we went to church at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and looked at the flowers on Temple Square. We then headed for Park City. It was a perfect honeymoon location because there was no one there. There were hardly no guests at the hotel so when we had breakfast and went swimming we had the whole place to ourselves. We went hiking and shopping. We also had some amazing meals, we have discovered that sharing is the best option since we are never hungry enough to eat a whole meal ourselves. We had an amazing honey pork salad, chicken crepes and gelato, a fancy penne pasta thing, the most amazing carnitas I have ever had, and lots and lots of wedding cake and treats. I think one of Sean's favorite parts of the trip was the biscuits and gravy every morning, I love hotels with free breakfast!
We got home on Wednesday, Dad called me to see what our plans were. Mom and Dad were both home and I wondered if Grandma had passed away, we found out that she had been asleep for a few days and that she was pretty close to passing. We decided to come straight to my parents. We said hi to everyone and got to open our cards. There were so many! The last one was from my Grandma, it was the last thing she wrote. I of course got emotional and got to go sit with her and hold her hand for a few minutes. I noticed that her breaths were becoming more shallow and further apart, I called Mom and Aunt Bonnie over and a few minutes after they came over Grandma passed away. It was a very peaceful death and I definitely felt her spirit leave. She was such an amazing person and I am so glad I got to see her and be there with my family. Sean is the most amazing husband, he stood by my side and comforted my mom and me. It was a hard day but so happy to know that Grandma was finally free of the pain.
We went back to our apartment and started setting things up and cleaning. It has been a lot of fun to decorate and live in our apartment. On Friday night, Sean got to play the piano for a bit. Grandma wanted him to play at the funeral so he put together a medley of Consider the Lilies and I am a Child of God. It was so beautiful. We were so grateful to have our beautiful piano. The funeral was Saturday and we got to spend the day with my family.
Sunday was amazing, we spent time relaxing before we went to our new ward, which is huge!!!
This week has brought its own set of challenges as we agreed to do a 6-10 PM shift at West Ridge with the girls. It is fun to spend time with them, but it has been really hard to give up our evenings. We are grateful the week is almost over and that next week we get to go to New Mexico for the open house and then Disneyland.
Summer-part 2
4 days ago

Hope you and your family continue to receive comfort and blessings in this time of change. Your grandmother certainly was blessed to have such wonderful people around and caring for her all the time. Can't wait to see you guys next week!
ReplyDeleteThe day was so wonderful I am so gald that we got to share it with you! I hope that you survive all of the ups and downs and have a good time at your open house in New Mexico!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys
We love reading your blog entries. Thanks for sharing some more of this precious time in your lives. Love, Darrell & Carol
ReplyDelete