Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Still on Vacation

Sean here:
We thought that after the wedding, honeymoon, funeral, open house, and epic trip to Disneyland, that we were done with all the crazy planning, activites, fun time, and vacations— that coming back and starting the Summer Term of school and my Stats and Anatomy classes would end all of that.

Not so.

In fact, I decided the other day that I'm still very much on vacation. Anatomy and Disneyland are very much alike.

Why?

-Well, at Disneyland there were a lot of people, and the lecture is quite packed each day.

-I got lots of cool souveniers at Disneyland, and today I just got my first Anatomy souvenier: latex gloves! Yay!

-Every Monday and Wednesday I get a Magic Morning in the lab

-Going to the theme parks takes up a whole day and can be quite draining if you're there for more than a few days. Now I'm at the lab most days....an awful large fraction of the day....day after day...look, let's not talk about that.

-Disneyland costs a lot of money...and so does Anatomy class.

-At Disneyland we make memories. In Anatomy you definitely make memories. Between one and two hundred a week.

Fortunately, I do not have to go it alone. I have a new toy, my netbook. Take a look:


How sleek! How slender!


Armed and ready, I must be off so I can study more terms. There will be a quiz tomorrow. And the day after. Midterms are next week...

Maybe it's not quite like Disneyland.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully it will at least be "the happiest class on earth" for you. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo what type of netbook did you get? i've had one for a while and i've really been pleased with it. Is it running windows or linux? when i got mine(almost a year ago now, back before they were the cool thing to hype by the computer manufacturers) They had the option of coming pre-installed with linux. What do you think of it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you're balancing all those anatomy terms with plenty of humor =) on a completely unrelated note, I just realized that after 3 years in this apartment, I've never even thought about window treatments. I need help! Jennie and Rebecca are clearly the best decorators among the Peterson daughters -in-law! I guess what I'm trying to say is: cute apartment!

    ReplyDelete