Monday, September 14, 2009

Jack Bauer and Marci's Wedding

Marci got married on Saturday and I made the cake. This was by far the most stressful cake I have made because I have never made a full wedding cake and been a bridesmaid in the wedding and been working full time (when I was Sam's bridesmaid and cake maker, I at least took the Friday before the wedding off school and work). It turned out lovely and Marci was a beautiful bride!
In other Peterson family news, we have added a new member to our family with the arrival of Jack Bauer the Leopard Gecko. He is very cute and quite tiny. I am still not so sure about feeding him live crickets, especially since we have found three escaped terrorist crickets that have been sentenced to death in Mr. Bauer's cage. Sean is good at catching the crickets and we are both completely clueless as to how they are getting out. He is very subdued, the most interesting thing he does for us is breath. I guess you settle for geckos when your apartment complex won't let you have dogs, or babies for that matter.
This one is slightly blurry but you can see his cool design.

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! When I read the title of this post, I thought it was Jack Bauer's wedding... and I was so confused. I thought, I guess Marci is marrying a guy named Jack Bauer. That's very coincidental :) I may be brunette, but I'm still blonde! Beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what, we found out that its illegal to discriminate against having kids (Bro. Strain told us)... when we told the aspen ridge management people, they even denied knowing that it was in our contract about not having kids. They told us that its not legal to say no children in family housing. They said that they can't discriminate. But, we double checked, and it does say no children. anyway...just to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the last comment! like you can plan not to have any kids while you are living there but there are not any guarentees! That is stupid! Also I love the cake but I could not do the Gecko- Crickets FREAK me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jack and the Geico Gecko would make great pals! I know I'd much rather make an egg sandwich for him than have to look a cricket in the eye! love, mom p

    ReplyDelete