Here is how you make it:
Put four chicken breast halves in a baking dish. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Put a half cup of salsa on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min. Crunch up a half cup tortilla chips. Put the tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top of the chicken breasts then put back in the oven till the cheese is melted. Serve with rice, fresh tomatoes, and sour creme. The recipe also included bacon which I bought but forgot to put on the chicken. I am sure that would make it even more amazing. Yum.
During dinner Sean brought up an interesting point about what really makes an artist an artist. My father-in-law loves to draw. He draws all kinds of cartoon characters from comics or Disney, yet he claims he isn’t a real artist because he only copies the works of others. Sean asked if I am not really a chef because I only copy recipes others have made up. I think Dad P is an amazing artist and that I am an amazing chef, even if we only copy the work of others. My food and his drawings still carry a part of us in them. I suppose it is up to all of us to decide if we are artists or impostors...

Maybe it's the difference between an artist and a master? I think you're both artists, because you create things. Maybe there are different levels of artistry.
ReplyDeleteI think you both are artists, Darrell is very talented! alot of people are unable to do what he does! You can bake or cook anything and it tastes great (other than turkey meatloaf) Carol is awesome when it comes to music! and I can quilt, so there you have it!! It is what we do to something that makes it artistic.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom Z
Sean's question really made me think. I think even when you are trying to copy something (whether culinary or drawing) requires input from your own mind--and as you express yourself, what results is art and your own. In music you certainly have to do exercises and learn melodies that for years will only be what is written on the page--but even then, it is possible to make it your own. =-) At least I sure hope so. love, mom p
ReplyDelete