Friday night we had a cake for a quinceanera or a fancy b-day party in the latin culture. They are usually held for 15 year olds, however this cute girl was turing 16. I couldn’t take any time off work since it was the Halloween party so we baked all the cakes on Thursday night. Sean made the filling and the frosting on Friday afternoon and then we both frosted and decorated like crazy from 4-6 since we needed to deliver the cake at six. It really turned out beautiful
:
We went to Matt and Whitney’s on Friday night to watch the movie Wait Until Dark. It is always so much fun to hang out with them and the movie was appropriately horrifying!
Saturday Sean and I slept in till 9:00 AM a new Peterson record since we usually can’t sleep past 7:30 or 8:00. We visited lots of friends, went to a party, had a leak in the ceiling fixed and ate surprisingly little amounts of candy. We dressed up for our party on Saturday night, Sean went as a Resident (Brandon will have to let us know if it’s accurate).
I even put blue eyeshadow under his eyes to make him look more tired=)
Today we spent the day in West Jordan hanging with my parents, watching How to Train Your Dragon, and eating spaghetti. It was a really nice day. I’m not sure if I’m ready to go back to work tomorrow.

It sounds like you had a BUSY, but FUN weekend!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love both your costumes! Jennie looks ready to be in Wicked or to start teaching at Hogwarts--just don't ask for the Defense Against the Dark Arts class! Sean looks like a resident all right--probably just coming off a 30 hour shift. And the cake is gorgeous and delicious I'm sure--what kind of filling did it have? Know you enjoyed your time in West Jordan because you can't be there and not have fun (sorry about the double negative). love, mom p
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to my site! I also love your costumes--I had some striped tights like those, but the arm-warmers are an extra nice touch. Are they Argyle?
ReplyDelete