Monday, March 28, 2011

Tick Tock

Do you ever feel like time is going too fast and too slow all at once? There are so many things in our life right now that are changing, some things I can’t wait for and other things I could put off for another ten years. Some of the things I can’t wait for include going to medical school, living closer to Mom and Dad P, finishing the school year and starting my new career as a mom, and welcoming our baby boy into the world!

As much as I want these things to come, that means other things have to come too. I am mostly okay with letting my job go, but every now and then I remember how cool it is to teach Kindergarten. I especially love my classes this year and it will be hard to say goodbye. I don’t know if I am ready to leave my mom, dad, and sister yet. 6 years ago when I moved to Provo I thought an hour was the longest distance ever, now I will be a days drive away. I am also realizing as time passes and I get older, so does my family.

Over the last year or so my grandpa has really started to suffer from dimensia and other health problems. On Friday he blacked out and fell, bruising his ribs really bad. My grandma took him to the hospital where they admitted him. They couldn’t find anything “wrong” but had to keep him under 24 hour watch because he keeps getting up and falling. They sent him home on Sunday morning and he has already fallen again. My grandma is scared since she would prefer to keep him at home but isn’t sure she can give him the care he needs. He is pretty out of it and confused which is so hard to see. I find myself not only wishing time would slow, but that I could go back a few years especially so Sean could get to know my grandpa how he was before the sickness. Sean has also expressed similar feelings in regards to Mer. Sean’s grandma has also been in declining health over the past few years and will be moving to a new assisted living center this coming week. Mom P is on her way to El Paso to help both physically and emotionally with the move.

I suppose time passes whether we want it to or not. We spent time in the Temple this past weekend with both Sean’s and my family and I was reminded of God’s love for us! I am so grateful for the eternal nature of our families. It makes growing and changing so much easier when you understand how all our relationships are eternal. I also heard a scripture on Sunday which my cousin Tammy also shared with me a few months ago which really seemed to sum up how our lives are in God’s hands and that we should trust him in all we do.

3 Nephi 30-33
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

I love this passage of scripture because it reminds me that God does know us and he knows exactly what we need. He WILL take care of us and lead us and guide us if we simply trust Him.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen I hope you don't mind me following your blog. I've been reading through it the past week or so. Wow! Look at you go! Such an inspiration! You are such an amazing strong women. I love reading about everything going on and I love your outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head--life does goes fast and slow at the same time! One of the best times is being together in the temple getting a glimpse of heaven. I love the scripture you quoted as it reminds me of the lilies of the field and Sean playing that piece. God does watch over and care for his children. You expressed it so beautifully! love, mom p

    ReplyDelete