Ok so remember how we had an ultrasound at 16 weeks where we were positive little Brett is a boy then our normal doctor did an ultrasound at 22 weeks and said he couldn’t see anything so it was probably a girl? Every now and then I have worried a little that we bought all this blue and the baby is going to come out a girl, then I watch the 16 week ultrasound and am convinced again of the manliness of my child (unless it was the umbilical cord). I wonder what it was like for women before they could tell the gender, waiting for birth would drive me batty.
Last night convinced me that I MUST be carrying a boy. As I was waking up around midnight to use the restroom I felt a tickle on my neck. I swiped at it and realized it may have been a bug. I decided it didn’t really matter and I shouldn’t freak myself out, but all the same I did turn the light on and shake out my clothes to make sure no bugs were on me. When I returned to bed I kept feeling little crawly things on me, which didn’t bug me to much because I figured it was just my imagination. I did keep feeling something on my upper stomach and went to itch it and felt something crunch. I thought “That must have been the spider or bug I tried to swipe off me, gross, but oh well I am sleepy” I fell back to sleep although I tossed and turned a lot, probably thinking there were bugs on me. When I woke up this morning I indeed found bug guts on the inside of my clothes right where I smashed that bug...so gross! The reason this story convinces me the child in my womb is a boy is because I am sometimes a girly girl who screams at bugs, especially when they are on my SKIN! I didn’t wake Sean up, I didn’t even get up and shudder, in fact I still got a decent nights sleep. After my morning trip to the restroom at around six, I came back to bed and told Sean the story while laughing. Either this is proof that Brett is a boy, or pregnancy makes you too tired to care about anything while sleeping.
However well I handled this experience, I DO NOT appreciate little crawling things crawling on me and would advise them to stay out of my clothes!
Summer-part 2
4 days ago

What are little boys made of?
ReplyDeleteSnips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!
It must have been the snails ;)
oh ew. i had a spider on my arm the other morning. GAAAAHHH. I don't know how you stayed so calm - must be a boy.
ReplyDeleteYep-sounds like positive proof! I'm glad you are able to sleep so well too. And I agree that little crawly things need to go away! love, mom p
ReplyDeleteI remember you not being able to sleep in your room for nights at a time, if you heard a cricket! Brett is a welcome present to all of us. When he gets older he can help Dad remove the bugs from your room. ha ha ha
ReplyDeletelove, momma z
LOL well if he does come out a girl you can just forward all of teh boy stuff to me because I am pretty positive that is what this one is going to be! But I dont think that you are wrong :)
ReplyDelete