Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 4, 5, and 6

Brett is the sweetest most wonderful gift from heaven and he has changed everything about our house for the better. He loves to eat and snuggle and toot (especially when his daddy holds him). We took him to the doctor last Thursday and they weighed him and found that he had lost almost a pound (7 lbs 11 oz.). He would sleep so long and I couldn’t get him to wake up to eat. The pediatrician was really concerned so we supplemented his diet with formula for a few days and MADE him wake up to eat every 2 1/2 hours. At the end of the appointment on Thursday they weighed him again and he was 8 lbs 4 oz. We weren’t sure which weight was the correct one but we still wanted him to be eating a lot more. We took him back on Friday and he was up to 8 lbs 7 oz which is perfect. He is getting much more accostomed to breast feeding and slept really well in between feedings last night.

Mom P. has been here since Brett’s birth and I don’t know what we would have done without her. Dad P drove down on Friday afternoon and has spent the weekend with us. Brett loves his grandparents and even wore a matching shirt with Grandpa on Saturday. He also got to meet his great grandparents via skype yesterday. I love that my 80 year old grandma has skype as part of her vocabulary. Here are some pictures because that what really matters right=)

Day 4: Thursday
Snuggling
IMG_0970-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Listening to Daddy play the piano for the first time on the outside of Mommy’s belly.
IMG_0976-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Playing with Daddy in his monkey pajamas.
IMG_0981-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Overalls in his bouncer chair.
IMG_0977-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Day 5: Friday
Swaddle blanket from Uncle Brandon and Aunt Michal=)
IMG_0987-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Waiting for the doctor and not happy about not having any clothes on=)
IMG_0985-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Day 6: Saturday
Waking up is hard to do.
IMG_0994-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Five minute photoshoot. I think he will play just as good as his Daddy.
IMG_1004-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
IMG_1001-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
IMG_1002-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
IMG_1012-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
40-week baby bump=)
IMG_1019-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Yes those really are newborn shorts. This is the shirt that matches Grandpa P.
IMG_1020-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
IMG_1017-2011-08-28-12-05.JPG
Happy 1-week birthday tomorrow Little Man!

3 comments:

  1. Hey look...I am commenting! :) Brett is just the cutest little thing and I have been loving all the pictures. I especially love the ones with you and him together! I think he looks like Sean in the one with the two of them at the piano. Everyone at SSE says CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable!!! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't get over how cute he is! and he's so tiny!

    ReplyDelete