Friday, October 21, 2011

Once upon a time, Brett needed to be Blessed

We decided that blessing Brett needed to be done in Utah. I really wanted my grandfather to participate in it and we have lots of family and friends in Utah. Luckily we had the best of both worlds since Mom and Dad P were both able to come as well, the only people missing were Sean’s brothers which couldn’t be helped since they are in Virginia, New York, and Russia. Sean finished his first block of medical school on Tuesday, passing with honors I might add (I’m allowed to brag because I’m his wife!) Mom P., Sean, Brett and me left on Tuesday around 11 AM and Brett was the best little passenger ever. I was really worried he would have a hard time because he really hates his carseat, but he did so good. He would sleep for 2 hour stretches then wake up to nurse and get his diaper changed. It took us 13 hours to get to my parents house which is only 3 hours longer than it takes without a baby. Grandma and Grandpa Z were thrilled to see us all and we were thrilled to see them.
IMG_1380-2011-10-21-14-31.JPG
On Wednesday we went to a few stores looking for a MP3 player for Elder Brian, we were successful=) Sam, Jared, and Kaity came up to see us and Jared got to hold his nephew for the first time, of course Kaity took over as soon as she got the opportunity.
IMG_1384-2011-10-21-14-31.JPG
We went to my grandparents for some spaghetti and of course Brett was a hit. I think he almost weighs as much as my Grandpa and he smiled as soon as he saw my Grandma. It was so wonderful to see my grandparents! They have really declined in the last few months and we found out my Grandma has advanced myaloma (bone cancer) on Friday, she started Chemo two days ago. I have cryed a lot about it and am pretty scared to lose her, but I am SO grateful for eternal families! My Grandpa has advancing dementia and is losing weight like crazy. Why do people have to get old and sick? I wish we could all be young and healthy forever.
IMG_1386-2011-10-21-14-31.JPG
IMG_1387-2011-10-21-14-31.JPG
It was particularly fun to see Kaity playing in the back bedroom at my grandparents house! I spent so much of my childhood at that little blue cupboard with an apron on. I wish Brett would be able to play in that same back bedroom in a few years, but its likely things will be very different in a few years. Its hard when I realize some of the things that made me who I am like visiting the family cabin and eating elephant pancakes or running through the sprinklers and drinking hot chocolate in July in the tree lined streets of Salt Lake City will never be part of my kids’ lives. I hope Heaven has beautiful mountains and tree lined streets with little blue cupboards and family everywhere. I am now sobbing and will have to wait to tell you about Brett’s blessing since that will likely make me cry more.
IMG_1390-2011-10-21-14-31.JPG

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jennie,
    We are all touched to feel the love for your family and the wonderful memories of growing up you shared. I'm convinced heaven is going to be all you mentioned and even more. Your tears are a touching tribute to a family who love one another so much--we are all blessed and made better with you in our lives. love, mom p

    ReplyDelete