Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Perspective

On Monday Brett had his two month doctors appointment. He is growing so well and is strong, healthy, and huge. He had to have some vaccinations this time, three shots and an oral gel. They started with the oral gel which made him gag and puke. They tried three times to give it to him and he threw it all up every time, I had no idea my little guys stomach could hold so much. Finally the fourth time he was able to hold some down which is good since he only needs a little of the medicine to help protect him from getting sick. It was so sad! Then it was time to give the shots, I was prepared to feel bad but didn’t expect the reaction I had. As soon as they put the first needle in his thigh I got emotional and was trying my hardest not to cry. He was really unhappy but calmed down rather quickly. He didn’t feel great for the rest of the day. HIs thighs were really sore and he was running a fever. I tried to give him tylonol which he threw up, but later that night Sean tried again and he swallowed it. His fever was mostly gone by 1 AM.

This whole experience gave me a different perspective on the Atonement. I knew that Brett needed to have his vaccinations ( I am a big believer in vaccinating children) and I knew it would hurt him. Everything in me as a mother wants to protect my baby from any hurt or sadness, yet I set him on that cold table and allowed a nurse to put sharp needles in his little chubby legs. I found myself thinking of Heavenly Father and how he must have felt to watch his son go through so much persecution and ultimately the Atonement and Crucifixion. The worst part is, God couldn’t even hold Christ’s hand and give him comfort during that all encompassing Atonement. I also thought of how Heavenly Father must feel when we are hurting or sad. It understand a little more every day about how sacred the gift of parenthood is and how much our Father in Heaven must love us.

Now for Brett’s two month stats:
He weighs 14 pounds 7 ounces and is 24.5 inches long. My mom said I must be feeding him cream=) Here he is in some 0-3 jammies that just don’t fit anymore (most of his 0-3 clothes still fit though)IMG_1479-2011-10-26-07-56.JPG
We LOVE jackets in our house, looking so cute and big in his stroller.
IMG_1478-2011-10-26-07-56.JPG
Here he is in his overalls for church, he only wore them through the first 10 minutes or so since he peed all over them and my skirt in Sacrament Meeting.
IMG_1492-2011-10-26-07-56.JPG
We play doctor a lot on Brett, it’s pretty cool to hear his little heartbeat and the blood swooshing through the valves.
IMG_1482-2011-10-26-07-56.JPG
Looking adorable as usual!
IMG_1481-2011-10-26-07-56.JPG

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I recognize that fabric he's on in the first picture! Yay for M&M pants made by an awesome roommate. I definitely still have those, although I lost the drawstring a long time ago. :)

    I'm so sorry about the vaccination thing, Jennie, that must've been really hard. He is sooo cute and these pictures are really adorable! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete