Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Insert Clever Title Here

  • I can never think of clever titles and when I do it takes me a really long time! I thought it was time for a quick update. Sean has been studying so very hard and learning SO much. He is doing his genetics and neoplasia block right now and finds it rather boring. He is doing great though and will finish in a short two weeks right in time for a Thanksgiving holiday. He has a class called Foundations of Clinical Practice where he learns how to do physical exams. He has been practicing heart rates and blood pressure on me for weeks. One of our favorite pass times is listening to Brett’s heart and lungs, it really sounds so cool! Today my dear husband has to do his first pelvic exam. The school hires actors called standardized patients. These people are paid to be poked and examined by the medical students. Sean spends tons of time studying and still finds all sorts of time to do his calling and hold Brett. Brett loves to studey with Sean in the evenings:
  • IMG_1533-2011-11-8-14-19.JPG
I have been keeping busy keeping our house clean, feeding Brett, feeding Sean, and enjoying friends. My good friend Mikki took me to a fantastic food store called Trader Joes last week then taught me to make some delicious greek pitas. We also made some decadent chocolate pecan pie! We won’t be making that delicious calorie packed dessert too often because I have no self-control! I have started exercising more. We have a tredmil which is really nice to use (Brett just sits in his bouncer chair and grins at me the entire time I exercise. I tried some Jillian Michaels last week and thought it was funny how little I can do with my abs, they really are gone! Brett loves to sleep on me, although he is getting to big to be comfortable on me for very long so I am trying to teach him to sleep in his bed during the day. I am also so excited for Christmas this year! I think part of it has to do with having a little man, it just makes the season so magical. We bought Brett his Christmas jammies the other night and got him a cute stuffed dog named Scout . We are only going to get him 1-2 gifts since he wont’ really notice, but its seriously so fun. I can’t wait to have him see the lights!
IMG_1495-2011-11-8-14-19.JPG
IMG_1527-2011-11-8-14-19.JPG
Brett is changing and growing so fast!
  • He is starting to have a little more control of his arms and loves to suck on his fist.
  • He is sleeping between 10-12 hours at night waking up 2-3 times to eat.
  • He has started noticing toys a little more and I find him laughing at them for no reason.
  • He moved to size two diapers this week and weighs 15 lbs now.
  • He has to be turned diaganal in his pack and play now to fit.
  • He coos and giggles at us when we talk to him.
He is adorable and amazing and we just LOVE him a ton!

IMG_1532-2011-11-8-14-19.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Glad things are going well for you guys! Tell Sean you can never practice blood pressures and heart rates enough. Some of the elderly patients are rough to get those on. You are so cute with your little one! You are such an amazing mom! Little Brett is so lucky! Jillian Michaels is a Killer! I have Yoga Meltdown and 30 day shred. I've done 30 day shred 3 days in a row :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to see you having fun times together as a family--Sean and Brett studying together and you and Brett comfy on the couch. Abs are a casualty for new moms and I admire your desire to exercise. Sounds like Brett is cheering you on! Babies are so cute to watch 24 hours a day and I'm glad he lets you sleep at night. love, mom p

    ReplyDelete