Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Day

I love the Christmas Carol, especially The Muppet one=) On our road trip this year we listened to a book called Jacob T. Marley, it was fantastic and I highly recommend it!

Christmas day was the most magical and amazing I have ever had. I think having a little one really makes the day extra special. I spent a lot of time thinking about Mary and Jesus this year and what she must have felt for her son knowing he was the son of God. Sometimes when I am holding Brett and stroking his hair and admiring his perfect little features and thinking of all the amazing things he is capable of doing I feel close to Mary and wonder what she was thinking when she stroked Jesus’ hair and admired his sweet face.

We woke up around 7:30 on Christmas morning and descended the stairs to see if santa had come, we were in luck! We opened lots of presents and found ourselves thoroughly spoiled. Brett was especially fun to help open presents. We would rip a corner off and help him grasp the paper, then we would pull the present away from him. He mostly wanted to eat everything!

The first gift Brett opened was a little dog named Scout that sings:
IMG_1798-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
IMG_1801-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
He got a tool belt from Grandma and Grandpa Z.
IMG_1805-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
Snuggles!
IMG_1814-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
Brett is staring at the tree lights.
IMG_1817-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
I think this little musical turtle from G&G Z is his favorite new toy!
IMG_1823-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
I gave Sean a USA soccer jersey which he seemed to like=)
IMG_1825-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
Brett got some chocolate milk straws in his stocking.
IMG_1828-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
We have a tradition in our family where Santa leaves one extra present and then he hides a pickle ornament. Whoever finds the ornament gets the extra present. Mom an Dad P sent a pickle present this year which was a board game called Scotland Yard which we can’t wait to play and Mom and Dad Z put an envelope in our stocking with this adorable card and some tickets to see a play at Desert Star Playhouse. We were way excited!
IMG_1829-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
Brett poses with Santa:
IMG_1835-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
He passes out among the piles of presents:
IMG_1840-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
Here’s all his loot:
IMG_1842-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
We went to church at one and sang lots of Christmas songs, I like going to church on Christmas. Then we went to Provo to see Sam Jared and Kaity. I think Momma Z was in heaven with both her grandkids.
IMG_1846-2012-01-4-07-30.JPG
What a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas was so special with Brett and Kaity, I am so blessed to have such wonderful grandchildren.

    Love Mom and Dad Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your photos--especially the one with Peggy holding the 2 grandkids and of Brett passed out on the blanket. So glad you guys had the time to relax and unwind. love, mom p

    ReplyDelete