Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve

I have a confession, I am a terrible speller! I always get want to spell eve “eav” . So when I mess up don’t make fun of me=)

We arrived in Utah about 12:30 AM on December 24 so we slept in just a little which was nice. When we woke up we spent lots of time visiting and playing with my mom and dad. We had a few things left to wrap and we wanted to make a traditional Lebanese dish called Kibi for the Christmas Eve party. Kibi is a fantastic dish made from ground beef, onions, cracked wheat, and pine nuts. You have to grind the meat with the onions and wheat twice, then you put a layer of that mixture on the bottom. You put a filling of browned ground beef, onions, and pine nuts in the middle, and then you add another layer of the meat mixture on the top. It was fun remembering all the times I used to make this as a kid. IMG_1740-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
IMG_1741-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
IMG_1743-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
It was time to take some pictures of adorable Brett in his Christmas onesie:
Brett LOVED the lights and decorations at my parents house. I think he liked the colored lights a lot more than the white lights at our house.
IMG_1744-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
He just couldn’t stop looking at them!
IMG_1756-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
IMG_1755-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
My parents tree rotates so he would grab the lights and I had to get them out of his hands quickly before the tree twisted too much and the lights came off too much=)
IMG_1763-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
Our family Christmas shot. Brett learned how to blow bubbles and raspberries with his lips and couldn’t stop doing it all day.
IMG_1771-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
Sam, Jared, and Kaity came and we were SO excited to see them! Kaity got to open one of her gifts from my parents which was a little Mickey Mouse that dances and sings. She was so excited. She also LOVED her cousin Brett!
IMG_1749-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG
We always have a party at my Grandparents house on Christmas Eve. For as long as I can remember all the extended family would cram in the house and visit and laugh . This year since Grandpa is so out of it with the dementia and Grandma is struggling with cancer, we had a smaller gathering. It was still a lot of fun, although I missed seeing some family. Brett did really well even though we kept him up past his bedtime and put him in a crowded noisy room. He loves my grandma who is looking beautiful. She says some of her hair has come out, but it looks as pretty as ever to me=)
IMG_1780-2012-01-3-10-29.JPG

2 comments:

  1. That food looks so delish! I remember when we went to your house and enjoyed some of that amazing Lebanese cooking. I still remember how good those grape leaves were. How fun for your family to all be together, especially when your kids are still little, because they grow so quickly, don't they?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I'm glad I got to see you at the wedding too! It had been too long! ;)

    ReplyDelete