Monday, November 26, 2012

Regrets and Bridals

Don’t miss the Thanksgiving post right under this one! Do you ever have regrets. I have lots of regrets in my life. I regret not seeing a Broadway show in NYC when I could have. I regret not practicing the piano for years of my life and wasting my mom’s money on lessons. I regret dying my hair last summer because now I have these ugly roots while I wait for the color to fade and my hair to grow out. I regret not being kinder to people in high school and college. There are many things that I regret and most of them I can’t do anything about. The wonderful thing is that I have learned from those choices. I had one regret that I could do something about. Sean and I were talking about weddings for some reason back in July and I told him that I still think about not doing my bridals several times a week. At the time we were getting married I was student teaching and stressed out of my mind. I had the most terrible acne I had ever had and felt really unattractive. Sean, being the amazing and supportive husband that he is encouraged me to do them now. I had been working out with my friend Mikey and was down to my marriage weight but I wasn’t sure if the dress would fit. Having a baby seems to change your body in irreversible ways=) I tried on my dress in August and it didn’t fit. Then last month I decided to try again since I had stopped breastfeeding. Sean cinched me in the corset and it may have been a miracle but it zipped up. I decided that I should just do them. I felt vain, silly, frivolous, and many other things but my mom, Sean, and some friends thought it was a good idea and encouraged me. I even saw a friend post some recent bridal shots who got married around the same time as me. I was able to book an appointment with fotofly for the day after Thanksgiving. Sean bought me a new straight iron for styling my hair and my mom arranged some beautiful roses. My parents took Brett black friday shopping and Sean and I went on a date to the studio. I am so so glad I did it. It was a perfect magical hour where I felt like a beautiful princess. I am so pleased with the photos. The photographer was amazing and she really payed attention to the little details. The photos captured the detail of my dress and veil and I feel like they really captured the love Sean and I feel for each other. I support anyone doing this, it was so so much fun! Sean and I both look older but we still look young and in love. Here is my favorite photo from our wedding day to compare with several of my favorites from last Friday. If you want to see all 84 of them go here and put in 201220938Peterson 8P3J6873-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-3-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-16-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-23-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-27-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-19-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-46-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-51-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-43-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-55-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-61-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-62-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-71-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-25-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-77-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-72-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-82-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-81-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg2012-20938-49-2012-11-26-13-30.jpg

9 comments:

  1. Oh Jennie! How fun! I am so excited for you that you fit into your wedding dress too! That is an amazing accomplishment!!! ('specially after having a baby) =) I'm afraid my body changed in so many ways that are unfixable to be able to fit into my dress again! So glad that you got the opportunity to take the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look Great! I know I don't fit in my dress. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! And awesome that you are still able to very fabulously pull off your wedding dress. I think it is awesome you did this too. Sometimes when preparing for weddings we don't really know what we want, or forget, or are just conforming to what others have done in the past, so I think there is nothing wrong with doing a little do-over, if only to have a fun photoshoot :)

    Your pictures are just lovely! I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in your dress, Jennie! What a wonderful idea and the photos turned out beautifully--you guys look even more in love now than you were 3 years ago. Peggy did a wonderful job on your flowers!! love, mom p =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you and to tell you in person which are my favorite ones. It will be a great discussion, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you do this! You look fabulous by the way! They turned out amazing! Its so funny that you wrote a post about this because I did not get bridals either and I regret it so often :( You are such and inspiration for me to get fit. You have a baby and you look amazing I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great idea! The pictures turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just beautiful! so glad you got to do that!

    ReplyDelete