Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we drove up to Utah. It was a really quick trip but it may have been the funnest one yet (although we missed my sister and her family so much!) We arrived late on Wednesday night. Brett was an absolute Star on the road. He woke up right when we go there so he was a little disoriented and it took him some time to check out the house and the dog and the grandparents before he would go to bed. He has had a double ear infection and croup and has been getting new teeth so he didn’t feel great, but I think by then all the antibiotics had taken down the infections and his little mouth was just sore. He successfully cut a new tooth and is working on one more. On Thursday we got up and started cooking. My mom and dad fixed two delicious turkeys. They had already been stuffed and seasoned so we just put them in the roasters. We all worked together to make rolls, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, almond green beans, corn, and the best gravy I have ever tasted. My mom did so much work and I think the 20 people she fed were pretty happy with the meal. It was a hard day for my Grandma especially and she felt the absence of my grandpa so much, but she went to visit the cemetery that morning and we all thought of him as we ate one of his favorite meals. We got to Skype with my sister on Saturday night and we also got to talk with Eric who announced that he is engaged! We are so excited for Eric and Natalie! Here are some pictures of the tables and guests. I made those awesome cranberry centerpieces, by the way, I was pretty proud of my craftiness. IMG_4071-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4076-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4087-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4089-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4084-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4075-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4083-2012-11-26-13-04.jpg On Friday, Sean and I went to do a bridal photo session (more on that in a late post), then we met Mom, Dad, and Brett in the Joannes. We got some amazing deals then went to the corner bakery for an early lunch. We went back to the house where Brett “tried” to take a nap. Dad, Sean, and I went to the AT&T store where my Dad purchased my very fist I phone for a dollar! Its an iPhone 4 and I am so excited for it to get here=) Grandma Z came out to the house and we had leftovers and then we put up the tree. For weeks Brett has been looking at all the trees in stores with wonder and awe. Imagine his delight when he realized we were putting one up! He loved the lights and the train and kept trying to climb the tree. IMG_4102-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4114-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4115-2012-11-26-13-04.JPG He loves all the Chevron cars at my parents house and snuck home three more in addition to the other three he has already acquired! IMG_4109-2012-11-26-13-04.JPG On Saturday we went to kneaders for breakfast and then decorated and visited while Brett took a morning nap. Brett, Sean, and I went to Uncle Brian and Aunt Pamela’s for a second Thanksgiving which was delicious. It was lots of fun to see how happy Uncle Brian is and it was nice to get to know Pamela better=) Grandma came out again on Saturday night and we did a little Christmas celebration. My parents gave Brett an outfit, a coat, a hat, two tonk a cars, and a Cars race set with Lightning McQueen and Mater. They gave Sean and I a vacuum sealer to keep food fresh longer in the freezer to go with our new deep freezer that they gave us money for! I am so excited to be able to store more food. They also gave me a sweater and Sean and nice shirt and tie. We felt so spoiled!!!! We went to a place called Carinos for dinner where Sean, Brett, and I shared some delicious lasagna. On Sunday, we went to the first two meetings of church and then we journeyed home to Albuquerque. It was a wonderful trip and we had so much fun!! Here are a few pics of Brett in his new coat: IMG_4135-2012-11-26-13-04.JPGIMG_4138-2012-11-26-13-04.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Your cranberry table decorations look terrific! What fun putting up the trees and trains and cooking together! Brett looks like he's on the go all the time and exploring South Jordan inch by inch love, mom p =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! It's always nice to spend time with lots of family. ;)

    ReplyDelete