This was the singularly most fun day I have ever had in a Disney Park! In fact it was the most fun I have had since my honeymoon!
We woke up nice and early and got all ready and sun-screened up. We arrived at the park a half hour before opening and rode tons of rides, ate lots of yummy food, danced to lots of fun music, and had the time of our lives. I thought I’d just let the pictures guide us through our day.
Sean and Brett wait in line to get into the park:
Waiting on Buena Vista street for the park to open:
In line for Radiator Springs Racers:
Get this hat off my head!
Watching Mater:
Watching Red:
Getting ready to ride Luigi’s tire ride:
Brett didn’t quite know what to do with Lighting. He was so excited he just wanted to look at him!
Dancing in line:
Brett rode the carousel all by himself. He did such a good job of holding on tight!
I thought the Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree was the cutest ride there!
Brett loved watching the tractors go:
Before a ride would start he would make his sign for “more” He was so excited for it to start!
He was exactly 32 inches!! We were so glad!
The new red trolley:
Dancing in the Animation building:
We got churro bits with spiced chocolate dipping sauce at the cozy cone:
Taking a rest, but NOT a nap!
Brett loved the parade. He danced and cheered and laughed and giggled! A cast member was watching him from across the street and she came and gave him a celebrating pin and made him an Honorary Citizen of Disneyland=)
We ate dinner at Flo’s! I wish we would have had room for some of their shakes and pies, but we were saving room for a Ghiradelli banana split!
If you have ever seen the movie Cars, then you know about the lighting of the neon lights. During that part of the movie they play a song called Shaboom which has been Brett’s favorite for months. My dad told me they play that song when they turn on the neon lights so when it was starting to get dark we were waiting for the lighting. They turn the music up and play Shaboom and turn the lights on just like in the movie. Brett was giddy. He immediately ran into the rode and starting dancing. I have a movie of it and will upload it soon!
Brett lasted the whole day with no nap. He was absolutely exhausted by the time we got home. He had a bath, drank some milk, read some scriptures, and fell right to sleep! Although he woke up at 1 Am and slept with me for several hours! He is a little wiggler and kicked Sean right out of bed=)

I think Lightning's grin is nearly as large as all of yours are! I loved the story about the Shaboom and the parade and all the pictures you shared. Brett was definitely an honorary citizen of Disneyland at birth--glad they recognized that! All the food sounds yummy =-)
ReplyDelete