Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Adventures Part 3: Disneyland

I am long-winded when it comes to blogging so I thank you for reading what I write (even if you just scroll through the pictures!) I just can’t bear to leave out too many details of the fun we have since I claim that this little bit of internet is our family journal as well.

We went to Disneyland the day after California Adventure. We only spent 2 days in the parks to conserve on $ and we came to realize very quickly that 2 days is a good amount of time for an 18 month old. He just got so tired and he is not a huge fan of hotel rooms.

I will let some pictures guide us through the day again-and what a superb day it was!

The first place we went was to get fast passes to Star Tours then off to Peter Stinkin Pan (a name my family affectionately calls this favorite ride). Brett saw that big beautiful Carousel with all the hand-carved horses and he really didn’t understand why on earth we didn’t just go straight there. Here he is pointing to the Carousel:

IMG_4875-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

Brett and Sean looking handsome=)

IMG_4876-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

Here we are on Peter Pan, Brett really didn’t care too much, he just wanted to go on the Carousel!

IMG_4878-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

Finally we ride the Carousel and it was amazing=)IMG_4879-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

Then we went to Dumbo which was SO much fun!IMG_4883-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

I love this picture taken on the tea cups! You can tell Brett really liked this ride! We also rode the Alice in Wonderland ride.

IMG_4885-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

Sean went on Star Tours first and Brett and I had some gold fish snacks. Brett decided to feed Mater some of his fishes which was adorable!

IMG_0224-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

After Sean and I had rode Star Tours, Brett decided he had had enough stroller riding, and hand holding so he put his hands behind his back and starting mozying down the street, adorable no?

IMG_4892-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

We got him to wear his ears for 2 minutes:

IMG_4893-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

Helping push the stroller:

IMG_4895-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

He was so tired come lunch time, we decided to try to go back to the hotel so he could nap. We ate at the french market and Brett had some croutons from my salad (which is one of his favorite things to eat).

IMG_4901-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

Brett took a great 2 and half hour nap while Sean and I watched the Biggest Loser and then I took a nap. When we got back to Disneyland Brett was feeling much better and danced his way down the streets.

IMG_4920-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

He got this little car washcloth that he was so excited about. We rode Jungle Cruise which he loved, then Pirates which he hated.

IMG_4908-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

IMG_4927-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

Eating some popcorn while staking out our spot for the parade.IMG_0232-2013-03-21-19-37.jpg

We sat next to a great little family from Mexico. They had a little girl that Sean got to speak spanish with. IMG_4933-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

While waiting for the parade these little boys were out having a dual in the rode, it was so adorable. They were actually quite talented in their light saber fighting abilities!

IMG_4934-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

I could not keep Brett out of the rode, he really wanted to be part of the parade!!

IMG_4940-2013-03-21-19-37.JPG

We rode Small World after the parade. Brett really liked it until the end when the boats got backed up and we spent 15 minutes in the last room. He mostly just wanted to take a bath in the water by that point. I really wanted to stay for the fireworks, but Brett was just too tired so we headed back to the hotel. He had a bath and fell asleep right away. What a great day in Disneyland! It was hard to leave since there was still so much more to do, we’ll just have to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a good day at the park--2 handsome guys with a beautiful girl. looks like you made some wonderful memories =-) i love seeing Brett out in the street taking part in the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your cute little family! I'm so glad you had an amazing time. Thank you for posting pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete