Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sun, Snow, and Penguins

While we were in Utah we went to the aquarium and Aunt Lucille bought Brett this fun penguin that zips into a pillow. I found him in his room one day playing that it was attacking him. He would hold it back then have it attack his face and he would giggle like crazy! It was really cute!

IMG_0180-2013-03-6-15-49.jpg

IMG_0183-2013-03-6-15-49.jpg

IMG_0185-2013-03-6-15-49.jpg

I have a calling in the Young Women’s presidency, I don’t know if I have mentioned that. We had our New Beginnings program in February and the theme this year is Stand in Holy Places. One of the things we have been talking about is that no matter where you are, you can be a holy place and have the spirit. One of the girls took photos of all the Young Women to display as decorations. We also thought of shoes and how they go along with the idea of standing in Holy Places so we brought our shoes and displayed them on the tables. The invitations were these little high heels made from card stock which I didn’t get a picture of-sad! The turn out was great and the program was a lot of fun! I am amazed and impressed at the strength of the young ladies here in Albuquerque!

IMG_4681-2013-03-6-15-49.JPG

IMG_4679-2013-03-6-15-49.JPG

It randomly snowed a few weeks ago and we made a snowman. Brett loves the snow! Hopefully we’ll get to go back to Utah so he can have more snow in the winter time. (I don’t think I miss the Utah winter weather though, its going to be 69 tomorrow!)

IMG_4684-2013-03-6-15-49.JPGIMG_4687-2013-03-6-15-49.jpg

We pulled out the bin of stuffed animals the other day and Brett decided to pile them all over himself, it was cute.

IMG_4694-2013-03-6-15-49.JPG

And now for some really exciting news! We are going to Disneyland next week! It was a really random decision. I was planning to surprise Sean with a stay in Moab on our way up to Utah before he starts third year , but I ended up telling him about it so we could plan it together. We were excited about spending a few days in Aches and having our first family vacation with just the 3 of us. One day while we were driving I said off-handedly that I wish we could go to Disneyland and expected Sean to shoot it down immediately. We were both pretty skeptical about the cost, but as we started looking at what was available we realized that we could probably spring for it (especially considering we are getting a little tax refund and we got some restitution money from when our bikes were stolen 2 years ago). We want to be the type of family that puts family vacations at the top of our list so we decided to throw caution to the wind and book a hotel. We are staying at a place that is close enough to walk to the park AND its a great deal! We will spend 1 day in California Adventure and 1 day in Disneyland then we’ll be off to Utah for a little visit. I can’t wait to see Mr. Brett’s face when we walk into Radiator Springs!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love that you're going to Disneyland before more craziness starts! As part of our new budget, we started a travel fund too. It's so great to create family memories together in places you love! And I love Brett and the penguin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spontaneous Disney trips are the best kind! I also love your YW New Beginnings. Very cute and fun. I especially love that you emphasized that we ourselves need to be that holy place, spot on. (Your shoe display has just now given me inspiration for a new handout design, so I will be sure to give you credit!)

    Anyway, keep the posts coming! I love to see little Brett growing up. He is going to go nuts at Radiator Springs :)

    ReplyDelete