Tuesday, May 14, 2013

4 Years, 3 apartments, 2 kids!!!, 1 lucky lady

4 Years!

4 years seems like a long time in some ways and a really short time in others. On the day of our anniversary Sean and I took Brett to the park and enjoyed some time together. On the next day, Mom and Dad P. were in town for a temple shift and stayed a little late so that we could go on a real date! We went to Olive Garden and had delicious food. It was really nice to have a meal where I could just focus on talking to Sean. I didn’t have to feed a little guy and entertain him and wrestle him and pay tons of attention to him. I love Brett, but especially that day I needed a break from him! We then went to the Temple to do Sealings. I had thought to take my camera to get a picture of us in front of the Temple, but it was a really hectic day and I just forgot.

3 Apartments

We have lived in 3 apartments since we got married. Each has been progressively bigger and nicer so hopefully we’ll keep the trend moving forward. Our first apartment was a dinky little one bedroom junker. There were holes in the windows, you couldn’t open the oven and fridge at the same time, and there was no control for the heating in our apartment which proved to be a problem when the apartment where the controls were became vacant! I loved that apartment so much though! It had beautiful roses out front and it was really white and felt like a wonderful home. The only reason we left was in search of a washer/dryer. DSC03284-2013-05-13-12-20.JPG

Ours was the top right:

IMG_0470-2013-05-13-12-20.jpg

Our 2nd apartment was a little better. There was more space, a washer/dryer, and even a half sized dishwasher. It didn’t have holes in the windows and had central air and a much better heater. I think the things that bothered us most there were the roman shades that provided NO privacy on the lower level, and the fact that Muse music was in the backyard. You NEVER get used to hearing loud, loud music at 2 AM. Oh, also there was a homeless man who lived in our front yard. That was a little strange and creepy although he never hurt anyone and just sat on his metal chair and didn’t say anything=) DSC04351-2013-05-13-12-20.JPG

DSC04354-2013-05-13-12-20.JPG

DSC04447-2013-05-13-12-20.JPG

Our 3rd apartment is where we live now! We like it quite a lot and although our bathroom often smells like a casino and we would love to have more space, I think we’ll probably stay here for another 2 years. IMG_0824-2013-05-13-12-20.JPG

We have actually rearranged and our front room looks completely different now, but you get the point=)IMG_0809-2013-05-13-12-20.JPG

2 KIDS!!!

Thats right folks, TWO kids. We are expecting our second bundle of joy on November 24, a little Thanksgiving baby! We are so thrilled about this new addition and feel so extremely lucky to have been blessed with another pregnancy. I feel like we just brush the top of fertility issues compared to many family and friends. After 4 rounds of clomid, a maxed out dosage of metformin, and lots of prayers we got that BFP (big fat positive)! I think this baby looks more like me, what do you think?IMG_0257-2013-05-13-12-20.jpg

I had an appointment this morning where we couldn’t hear the heartbeat, which was quite worrisome to me. The doctor was able to sneak me into ultrasound and I saw our new little baby wiggling his/her legs and its little heartbeat. No pictures from that one, just a short little reassurance for this momma.

Oh and lets not forget this little bundle of perfection that I love more and more every day of my life!IMG_0265-2013-05-13-12-20.jpg

1 Lucky Lady

I feel so lucky to have the husband and boy that I do and to have another one on the way! Life isn’t perfect, sometimes its hard, but overall I feel like the luckiest woman in the world!

4 comments:

  1. Yea for 4 years! CONGRATULATIONS on the little one to come! Very EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the review of all the homes you've lived in so far. The baby definitely looks like you--you're both beautiful!! And Brett is definitely a bundle of perfection. :-). Sean's lookin' real good too i might add!
    Love, mom p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jennie! Super exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete