Brett loves all things cars, especially the Pixar movies. He loves this book and likes to hold one of his cars while we read the book. He has recently started having his Mater car tow around other cars and when we read books about farms he goes and finds his green tractor and tips it up like in the movie.
Brett loves to help water the plants, I think they would die without him reminding me.
We went to Botanical Gardens last Saturday and I actually remembered to bring bread so we got to feed the ducks. The ducks were a little close for my comfort but they were actually pretty gentle so it all worked out.
Last summer our friends the Christensons moved to Utah and gave us 2 of their gold fish. They were owned by a 3 year old girl so they had princess names. We renamed them Bernard and Jillian. We tried to take care of them and they grew bigger and didn’t die so I guess we did something right. The orange fish Jillian had started getting a little slow and I kinda expected to find her floating every morning when I woke up but she hung on for several weeks. On Sunday I noticed her tail had been severed. I’m not sure if Bernard was attacking her or if her tail just fell off because she was old. I moved her to another little container in case Bernard was being mean, but she could’t really swim without her tail so she died on Monday morning. It was sad and I actually have missed her a lot and hope we took good care of her. We had a funeral for her for Family Home Evening and Sean taught a really nice lesson to Brett about dying and going up to live with Heavenly Father. I was recalled to the YW Presidency on Sunday so I had a little meeting Monday night and Sean did the burial himself which I really appreciated. This is the obituary Brett helped us make.
The boys got haircuts the other night. They get the same one because its the only one I know how to do. Brett snuggles in tight to Sean and is very brave with the clippers.
The other night I asked Brett if he was ready to pray and he ran to the computer to watch his pictures on the screen saver. He got about 10 min more because of his cuteness=) It’s fun to see him mastering getting on chairs and getting more confident in all his movement.

It looks like you guys had a great week, except for Jillian passing away--I'm sure she appreciated all you did for her. Brett had lots to say about his fish in the obituary and I bet he learned a lot from Sean's lesson. Brett is such a terrific little boy (and big brother in training!) and we love to watch him play with his cars and trucks.
ReplyDeleteI have been wondering what you renamed the fish. Since moving to Utah we have bought new fish but haven't had much luck with them. One died with a few weeks of us buying it. I think it was sick when we got it. And the other one died a while later. It must have got sick from the first fish. So we too have had opportunities to talk about death.
ReplyDelete