Sunday, May 26, 2013

Papa and Mimi

Sean finished his neurology rotation with a test on Friday morning so he got off early and we decided to head up to White Rock to visit Mom and Dad P for a few days. Brett started calling his Grandpas “Papa” a few weeks ago and was so excited to have something to call them. He always says it in a whisper which is really cute. Last week when Sean’s parents were here to visit, Brett got a little frustrated that he couldn’t say Grandma. We did a little brainstorming and decided that he should call his Grandmas “Mimi” since its a word he can say and he finds such joy in saying words lately. Now he loves to say Mimi (sounds like nee nee). We look at pictures and talk about how he has 2 Papas and 2 Mimis.

This weekend he was excited to walk around the house calling for Papa or Mimi or the cuckoo clock=) He fell asleep for a little while on our way up to White Rock, and I can never resist snapping a picture of our sleeping boy.

IMG_5318-2013-05-26-15-09.JPG

Brett LOVES watermelon and will eat it above anything else! He was so excited to have some watermelon and a fun firetruck toy to play with at dinner.

IMG_5320-2013-05-26-15-09.JPG

Brett is an expert at all musical instruments including Papa’s guitar.

IMG_5322-2013-05-26-15-09.JPG

On Saturday morning we spent some time in the yard. Brett loved the yard and I agreed with him, its one of the things I look the most forward to when having a house. We planted lots of pretty flowers, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and eggplant.

IMG_5327-2013-05-26-15-09.JPG

IMG_5330-2013-05-26-15-09.JPG

Brett loved working with his Mimi!

IMG_5331-2013-05-26-15-09.jpg

Sean’s dad finds all these cute little cars at the Smiths in Los Alamos. Brett loves them, so we decided to take a trip up there to get Brett some more for his own collection. The ones in this picture belong to Papa, Brett chose two new red cars and a silver car. He was really excited about it.

IMG_5338-2013-05-26-15-09.JPG

There was also a big firetruck outside of Smiths which was really exciting! IMG_5345-2013-05-26-15-09.JPG

After a busy morning, Brett started to act a little off. Both Sean and I thought he felt kinda warm and he hadn’t really eaten much all day. He was running a low fever so Mimi ran to the store to get some Tylenol while Brett fell asleep on me. We woke him up enough to get him some medicine then he went to bed for three and half hours. After a yummy dinner of BBQ hamburgers we loaded up and headed back to Albuquerque. Brett was acting fairly normal, just tired. When we got home I checked his temperature and it was 102! He has never had a fever like that so I was pretty worried. Sean looked in his ears and they looked fine and he wasn’t acting strange at all so we gave him Motrin and put him to bed. He has been running a fever all day today, poor guy. We went to Sacrament Meeting and came home right after that. I’m still worried about him but he seems ok for now, if the temp is still high tomorrow I will take him to the doctor I think. We have been reminiscing that its pretty amazing that he is 22 months old and has never had a high fever before.

1 comment:

  1. so glad you visit mom and dad so frequently! that's such a blessing to everyone I'm sure. poor little guy, I bet it'll come down soon. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete