This is the story of how the baby in my belly was named Deedee. Many weeks ago when I first found out I was pregnant, Brett was snuggling (playing) in our bed while we clung to our pillows clinging to the idea of Saturday morning sleeping in. Brett thinks being in our bed is hilarious and was telling us a long story about who knows what when he kicked me in the stomach. I said “oh no Brett don’t kick the baby”. He looked at me rather confused and so Sean and I showed him my belly and told him that there was a baby inside that was growing. He looked for a minute more and said Deedee, then put his fingers to his lips to say shhh (he does this every Sunday when he hears another baby cry). He talks about the Deedee all the time now and tells me how its sleeping, or crying, or how it needs to be quiet. I wonder if he thinks belly buttons are babies though because he always focuses on that. Whenever he sees Sean without a shirt he says there is a Deedee too. I think he actually gets it way better than I thought he would though which is a lot of fun. So we affectionately call this little one Deedee.
I thought I would give a few more fun details of the Deedee. We found out we were expecting this wee bundle on March 20th. It turns out this little child was a little stow away on our trip to Disneyland. I wonder if it was the smallest person in attendance measuring smaller than a poppyseed. We called my parents that night to tell them and I called my sister the next day. I debated on if we should tell the rest of our family right away or wait till the more traditional 12 weeks. We decided to tell them for many reasons. First, I like to share good news and I don’t really like keeping secrets. Another big reason is that if I tell my parents and sister, I feel it is only fair to share with everyone else too (I can’t keep it from my parents and sister because with fertility treatments they know exactly what is going on). The last reason I can think of right now is I need people to know. I need them to know why I am sick or why I am grumpy or emotional. I actually feel the same way about taking fertility medication, I need those closest around me to know because I need their support. When I had a miscarriage before Brett was born, I was so glad those around me knew so they could lend a shoulder to cry on or send me a card or flower. So, we told Sean’s parents the following Saturday since they were coming to Albuquerque and we wanted to share in person. I bought Brett a Big Brother shirt and we just waited to see if they noticed. They of course did and were excited.
We waited until Easter Sunday to tell Sean’s brothers with some fun Easter Eggs:
I have felt very different with this pregnancy than with Brett. Perhaps it is because I am able to get more rest, I don’t know. I haven’t been nearly as sick which has been so nice. I feel like I have started to show a lot faster, but Sean says he remembers me not fitting into pants really fast last time too. I have gained about 7 lbs. I don’t fit in any pre-pregnancy pants anymore and most of my shirts are too small. I am 14.5 weeks and am due on November 24. Here are a few bump pics because I think they are fun=)
Here’s about 8 weeks: (ignore the dirty mirror)
Here’s 12 weeks:

I'm so EXCITED for you! If Deedee comes late he/she could be born on my birthday (which also happen to be Thanksgiving Day)! Although I wouldn't really want that for you. ;) Waiting after the due date is no fun.
ReplyDeleteYou're so cute Jennie! Hurray for Deedee!!!
ReplyDeleteI like the baby bump pictures, and Brett can play with Deedee soon, she/he will be kicking and rolling, I can't wait to hear what he will say about that!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Mom Z