Sunday, September 8, 2013

Brett Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

I have been really excited about celebrating Brett’s second birthday. He is really starting to understand gifts and parties so I knew it would be a fun day. I was even more excited when I found out Sean would have the day off and that we would be visiting lots of family that day. We decorated the night before so that as soon as he woke up we could start the birthday fun. We put up streamers, a banner, and balloons (only the wrapped gifts were Brett’s, all the other things were just toys the boys had been playing with at Grandma and Grandpa’s house).

IMG_6025_2-2013-09-8-20-00.jpg

Brett, Kaden, and Lexi were all thrilled with the fun decorations and balloons!

IMG_6027-2013-09-8-20-00.JPG

In my family we always opened some gifts right when we woke up on our birthday so I wanted Brett to open a gift in the morning. Sean and I got him 3 gifts and I was a little bit excited to give them to him. When he sat down in Sean’s lap to open this gift we were telling him it was a birthday present. He started putting his arms in the air like Sean and yelling “Birthday!!” It was super cute! He did great opening the gift which was 4 new Cars 2 books=)

IMG_6030_2-2013-09-8-20-00.JPG

We decided to go bowling and it was a hit with everyone!

IMG_6043_2-2013-09-8-20-00.jpg

IMG_6049_2-2013-09-8-20-00.jpg

IMG_6038_2-2013-09-8-20-00.jpg

Brett would hang from the ramp like this while he was waiting to see how many pins his ball would knock down.

IMG_6052_2-2013-09-8-20-00.jpg

We had quesadillas for lunch which is one of Brett’s favorite meals. While Brett took a nap, I decorated his cake. I chose to do really yummy cream cheese frosting which meant the decor looked a little less nice. I think his cake turned out cute though and he LOVED it!

IMG_6063-2013-09-8-20-00.JPG

We started the party by opening presents. Brett was spoiled beyond measure. He got a water wow coloring book from Brandon and Michal, some new duplos blocks from Kaden and Lexi, new car pajamas from Neil and Rebecca, a firetruck Mater and Lincoln Logs from Papa and Mimi P, and a guitar, books, and new train set from Sean and I. It was a huge haul!

IMG_6073_2-2013-09-8-20-00.jpg

IMG_6078-2013-09-8-20-00.JPG

IMG_6082_2-2013-09-8-20-00.JPG

IMG_6094_2-2013-09-8-20-00.jpg

IMG_6100-2013-09-8-20-00.JPG

We had yummy pizza for dinner-another of Brett’s favorites! Then we blew out candles and ate the delicious cake. It was a great birthday celebration! I can’t believe my baby turned 2!

IMG_6105-2013-09-8-20-00.JPG

1 comment:

  1. Brett is going to think Birthdays last for weeks, just like you and your sister did.
    Oh well, it makes life just that much more fun!!!
    Love,

    Mom Z

    ReplyDelete