Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Crafts and Presents

So we finished our fun week in White Rock with Sean’s family just in time to head back to Albuquerque for a dental appt, yuck! I have always hated going to the dentist so so much but this time was different. The hygienist was condescending and nosy and I don’t think I actually saw the dentist, but it didn’t hurt and I had no cavities. I give the no cavity credit to a strict daily floss and a fantastic sonicate toothbrush. Anyway, we spent the day doing laundry, errands, and packing for Utah. We headed out around 4 on Saturday morning and had a great, uneventful drive. We arrived safely in Utah where we had a full week of fun! We went to Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner that night and visited with my parents, Grandma, and Uncle and Aunt. We went to church on Sunday and then visited with Uncle Brian. On Monday we took a trip to Ikea and Sam, Jared, and Kaity arrived. Here are some fun pictures of the first few days. Also I have been working on projects for Alana and Brett and I will share those pictures too =)

Here Brett opens a birthday present from his Papa and Mimi Z. It was an adorable farm truck with animals and milk, he loves it!

IMG_6112-2013-09-10-13-16.jpg

Here’s the 28 week baby bump.

IMG_6113-2013-09-10-13-16.jpg

Another bump picture of Mr. Brett kissing his sister.

IMG_6117-2013-09-10-13-16.jpg

Fun chairs at Ikea.

IMG_6120-2013-09-10-13-16.JPG

Trying out big boy beds. This was actually the purpose of our visit to this store. We didn’t think we would actually buy one there because they aren’t standard crib size, but we wanted Brett to see what we were talking about when we mention big boy beds.. He will be getting one soonish, not sure when yet. It still feels like such a huge step to me and he is sleeping so well in his crib.

IMG_6122-2013-09-10-13-16.jpg

IMG_6123-2013-09-10-13-16.JPG

Kaity-bug crashes on Papa’s arm, so cute!

IMG_6125-2013-09-10-13-16.JPG

Brett loves cars and recently he has become obsessed with stop signs. He looks for them everywhere! We found these cupcakes at Walmart that had little traffic rings on them so we bought them an then went to Lowes and got wood and dowels. Sean cut and sanded the wood and I glued the signs together. They are perfect size and Brett loves playing with them with his cars and trains.

IMG_6218-2013-09-10-13-16.JPG

IMG_6219-2013-09-10-13-16.JPG

Here are some of the bows that my sister-in-law Rebecca taught me how to make. I learned several other ones too, my favorite is one made from ricrac which you can see in Kaity’s hair in the above picture.

IMG_0423-2013-09-10-13-16.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment