My sister Sam and I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a good schedule for our little reunion in Utah. We decided that Tuesday morning and afternoon would be the perfect time to take turns watching kids and doing temple sessions. Sean and I had just barely done a session, however we haven’t been on a childless date in a long time. So we decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory for a fancy lunch date. I felt so comfortable leaving Brett with my sister, especially because I didn’t feel guilty if he cried (which he did). On our way to the restaurant which I thought was on Redwood Road but is actually on State Street, we almost got killed by these three cars that were racing and swerving and taking videos of their ridiculous stunts on Bangerter. It was a little shocking to me since I have actually never seen anyone participating in that kind of crazy driving. As we turned down 6200 South to get to Redwood Road I saw two people in a truck smoking some weird looking cigarettes, I thought it was strange but I am actually used to people smoking all the time because I think at least half the state of New Mexico are smokers. We stopped at a stoplight next to them and I smelled something kinda weird. I know i’ve smelled it before, and I know i’m naive but I wasn’t sure if that was pot so I asked Sean. He confirmed my suspicions and we both just stared in awe at these young people smoking pot in broad daylight like nothing was wrong at all. Sean was convinced they were very sick and it was all medical, ha ha. I honestly felt a little betrayed by my beloved state of Utah that day, but it was pretty funny too. We finally made it to the restaurant and had a wonderful lunch. We splurged on flavored lemonades that came with their rims coated in sugar, shared a delicious lemon chicken and potato dish, and got a smores and banana cream cheesecake to go. Its amazing how fancy it felt to be out to dinner without a 2 year old =)
We returned home to a slightly sad Brett. I guess he was doing great until Sam left to take a shower and Jared was in charge. Brett attaches himself to one person (he does this in nursery too) and if that person disappears there is no going back. I think they still had fun though. After a yummy dinner of chicken parmesan burgers, I went to the fabric store with my mom and sister. I want to make Alana a wall hanging like Mr. Brett’s but I needed some help picking fabric and knowing how much to get from my mom. Here is a picture of Brett’s hanging, I haven’t taken any of Miss Alana’s yet but its a lady bug and its coming along nicely. My poor mom though, she had been at work all day and Sam and I were so excited to be in a fabric store without our cute kids. Lots of coupons were used and lots of fun things were purchased.
On Wednesday Sean, Brett, and I headed to Springville to see our good friend Whitney and her cute girls. Our good friend Megan and her cute CB met us down there too. Its amazing how much I still love to hang out with my college roommates! We went to the new Springville splash pad which was AMAZING. I think Sean and I are both convinced to move to the city of Springville simply for their splash pad! It wasn’t particularly warm, but Brett had a wonderful time in the water. We played at the park a bit and spent time visiting at Whitney’s before heading back to West Jordan.
You can kinda see in this picture how its just a little shallow river that goes all along the park. There are little fountains along the way too.
There is a waterfall at the start which Brett and Kirsten thoroughly enjoyed.
Toes!
My dad had also purchased a little sprinkler thing that Kaity and Brett played in that evening.
Mom made some yummy chicken and rice and we all visited.

No comments:
Post a Comment