We left Albuquerque early on Tuesday the 24th of June. The drive went well and we arrived in Utah to see my parents and eat some delicious taco salad. On Wednesday we went to City Creek in Salt Lake City. We didn’t go in any of the shops, but rather spent our time looking at the water and crossing the street to see Temple Square. Brett really liked the Tabernacle and the water fountain on the south side of the Temple. We also rode Trax out to the airport and back. Later that evening we met my Grandma at the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was one of our favorite meals from the whole trip-the food was great, the kids were well-behaved, and the company was wonderful.
On Thursday morning we headed off to Boise. We stopped in a place called Tremonton where Brett picked out this delicious looking muffin (surprisingly he couldn’t finish it and Sean had to consume some). The kids and I were really tired and we all slept a ton on the way up. Sean was such a trooper and just drove in the quite and listened to an audio book. We walked to the library and grocery store and Brett and Alana both had a great time with their cousin Kaity and Aunt Sam.
On Friday morning we headed off to Oregon. We stopped at McDonalds to get pancakes for Mr. Brett.
We arrived at the hotel in Salem just in time to get ready for the rehearsal dinner. We had an adjoining room with Neil and Rebecca and Mom and Dad P were right next to them. It was really nice for the kids to play back and forth and we could spend more time with family.
The rehearsal dinner started at 7:30 so Jill’s parents arranged for babysitters for our kids. Two awesome sisters Sarah and Emily came over and helped our kids. Neil and Rebecca’s kids were already sound asleep by the time we left since they were still on Eastern time. Our kids on the other hand were not. As we walked out of the hotel I could hear both kids screaming. About 5 min into the drive I got a call from 12 year old Emily saying that Brett wouldn’t stop asking for me. I could hear him crying and Alana crying and I kinda wanted to cry too. I decided to try singing Primary church songs to Brett over the phone. I got him to lay down and I sang to him for 20 min while we drove to the country club. Sean had driven over with Brian so when we met back up I explained what had happened and Sean sang Brett 2 songs. He was calmed down enough and was able to get to sleep. I think I need to leave my poor kiddos more!
The dinner was lovely though, and it was really really nice to eat my food while it was hot with both of my hands! There was a fun slideshow that Betsey made and some fantastic speeches by Betsey and Stephen Duford and Mom and Dad P. as well as Sean since he was the best man =) It was so fun to see Brian and Jill together and so excited, they are really such an awesome couple!
The next morning we woke up early and started to get ready for the sealing. The hotel gave us free vouchers for Denny’s so we headed there for breakfast then we had a whirlwind of ironing, curling, gelling, dressing, playing, and plucking the groom’s eyebrows! We made it to the cars just in time to head off to Portland. It was about an hour away. As we were driving I was contemplating how incredibly beautiful Oregon is! We were going down a particularly lovely street when out popped the Temple. It was breathtaking!
Sarah and Emily were at the temple again to watch the kiddos. We walked into the temple and there was a beautiful atrium for taking pictures if the weather is too rainy. I meant to take Brett in there but didn’t have time. The sealing was one of the most sacred experiences as I watched my wonderful inlaws surrounded by all 5 of their sons and daughters-in-law in the Temple. I hope to someday experience that with all my children around me in the Temple! I just felt so grateful for the eternal nature of families and that I am sealed to so many wonderful people.
We took lots of pictures and Oregon didn’t disappoint as we had a rainstorm half-way through. Some of these pics are from us, some from Brandon, and some from the wedding photographer:

No comments:
Post a Comment