We left off at the Temple in Portland. After all the family pictures everyone headed to a restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes to get some lunch. It’s one of Sean and my favorite restaurants so we were excited. Brett also loves the restaurant because they have all you can eat croutons and ranch! Alana fell right to sleep nursing under the cover and Brett tired to feed me since I didn’t have use of both of my hands. Brett needed to go potty and was still having a hard time using public restrooms. He is just so afraid the the toilet will flush by itself. He does fine when he can go the “daddy way” as he calls it, but when he has to sit down he just can’t relax and usually won’t even try. So about every 2 minutes he told us he needed to go potty, we would take him and he would insist he didn’t have to go, it was so frustrating. After visiting the bathroom about 15 times (not exaggerating) he finally went and we all cheered! Brett had picked out a gift of Salt and Pepper shakers to give to Brian and Jill so he gave them those at the lunch. We all headed back to Salem after that to get ready for the reception. Brandon and Michal came to our hotel too so all the kids got to play together. Brandon and Neil were watching the World Cup and Neil was also doing some fancy origami to a $50 bill for the bride and groom =)
The reception was at a place called the Gentle House in Monmouth. I think it took 45 min or so to drive out there, but it was a beautiful drive! There was a historic house with beautiful grounds all around it. Brett and his cousins had a fantastic time running around and playing.
And then there was this tree. A few weeks ago we were at the park and there was a really long line for the disgusting porta porty, so I taught Brett to pee behind a tree. I felt really ghetto teaching him that, but I really didn’t want him to have an accident. We had also used the same technique with all our time in the car. So Brett needed to go potty and he pulled his pants down and used this tree!
I was mortified when he did that, and grabbed him and rushed him to the bathroom. In retrospect I should have just let him finish since he then peed all over his pants. I was told afterward that once Brett and I were gone, Kaden did the same thing with the excuse that the tree was pretending to be a potty. It made me feel a lot better that Kaden did the same thong. Of course Brett only has one pair of dress pants so he had to change into his pajama pants. Sean thought Brett looked funny with the fancy lothes and pajama pants, i thought he looked darling! He was watching the cutting of the cake in this next picture:
The food was yummy and we were all big fans of the chocolate fountain. This next picture is the only one of the 4 of us at the reception =( I think it fits how Sean and I felt chasing our 2 crazy littles around!
Here are some pics from the reception (from the wedding photographer):
We got one more family shot at the end of the night, we were sad that Brett was in his pajamas but he still looked very cute!
I bought some stuff to decorate the car and then I somehow left it in Utah so when my sister went to the store in Idaho she picked up some more supplies. Thank you Sam! You saved the day! The car turned out cute:
The kids loved the rose petals and played with them for awhile after Brian and Jill left.
Lexi didn’t like the grass and I got some precious pictures of her grandpa trying to comfort her:
Kaden and Brielle pretended to be Brian and Jill the whole night. It was so stinkin cute!!

No comments:
Post a Comment