Friday, May 22, 2015

Leaving Albuquerque

I hate that I didn’t have enough time to write down all my feelings about leaving and graduation at the time. I am going to try to catch up now but I know I won’t be able to remember all the things we did and the way I felt. As I usually do, I am going to use the pictures I took to tell the story =) Our last 2 weeks in New Mexico were extremely bittersweet! We made so many amazing friends and I truly grew to love the culture and people there. I loved going to the park in January with a light jacket and seeing random balloons in the sky most mornings. I loved the wonderful friendly people I met in stores and at church! I especially loved being so close to Sean’s parents. I feel like they went from inlaws to parents and best friends during our four years there! Boxes started to pile up and more and more things couldn’t be found:
  IMG_2404-2015-05-22-19-39.jpg
The kids tried to stay occupied while Sean and I cleaned and packed. Sean finished all his requirements 2 weeks before graduation so we had lots of time to pack and clean together (which was such a blessing because these 2 cuties don’t always love packing and cleaning activities!)
IMG_2406-2015-05-22-19-39.jpg

IMG_2405-2015-05-22-19-39.jpg
We played with Erin, Cam, and Ben as much as possible. Brett and Cam are the best of friends and it was heartbreaking to watch them say goodbye to each other! I am so grateful that Erin and I became best friends too! What will we do without them?!? We tried to spend lots of time with all our dear friends before we left, but I didn’t get pictures of all of them sadly!
IMG_2415-2015-05-22-19-39.JPGIMG_9834-2015-05-22-19-39.JPGIMG_9830-2015-05-22-19-39.JPGIMG_9839-2015-05-22-19-39.JPG
Our last Sunday in our ward in Albuquerque, Brett got to give the scripture thought in Primary. He did a fantastic job standing at the microphone and reciting the 6th Article of Faith.
IMG_1572_2-2015-05-22-19-39.JPG
Our awesome friend and neighbor Julian inviting us to a Native American Feast Day. It was awesome and included lots of native dancing, singing, and of course eating! What an awesome memory!
IMG_2429-2015-05-22-19-39.JPG
We tried to spend lots of time at Sean’s parents house. It is so comfortable there and we had a great time! Poor Dad P was super sick the last weekend so we didn’t see much of him =(
IMG_2434-2015-05-22-19-39.JPGIMG_2435-2015-05-22-19-39.JPG
Since we will be living with my parents for a year or so, we sold a lot of things before we left. We sold this couch to a lady who needed us to deliver it, so we got to hang out on it outside for awhile before delivering it =)
  IMG_2444-2015-05-22-19-39.JPG
The fridge got emptier and emptier which allowed me to see how yucky it looked and also provided more toy storage for the kids:
IMG_2448-2015-05-22-19-39.JPG
After we sold our couch there was nowhere to sit, so Brett got inventive for movie time =)
IMG_2447-2015-05-22-19-39.JPG

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos and your thoughts and feelings about those days--especially the Lincoln log in the fridge and you guys adapting to having more and more things packed away :-) we sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete