Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Schools Out for Summer!


Brett decided one night that he wanted to read to the girls before bed. It was such a sweet moment. His relationship with his sisters and Sean and I has completely changed. He is much more calm, kind, patient, less controlling, and less irritable! I am so grateful for modern medicine and so grateful that he is feeling so much better! 
Sean went to see Solo opening night with Neil. He had a really good time and enjoyed the movie a lot! 

 We had a game night with the Saffrons and Afton, Alana, and Lizzie were so cute playing restaurant.

 For Mothers Day, Sean and the kids got me the most beautiful mirror/jewelry box. I have wanted one for a long time. It opens up and has all these little hooks for necklaces and places for earrings to hang or sit and little slots for rings. I really love it! I love being a mom even more, and the little notes and colorful cards and pictures I got from the kids were so special!
 Alana got her preschool pictures back and I was so pleased with them! She looks so beautiful and grown up! I love how she chose her favorite Elsa dress and had her hair in braids and a headband. Her hair has darkened a lot in the last few months.

 Alana is a wonderful puzzle doer, she also loves to help with anything in the kitchen and has recently learned to crack eggs. She is an AMAZING artist! Sean and I are continually amazed at how she includes such amazing little details in her art. She explained how the house she drew in the background of a rat wasn't small, it was just further away. She consistently adds shadows and even told me about tear ducts while she was coloring an elephant the other day. The way she sees the world amazes me.
 Alana had her last day of preschool and they got to do a little water party in the backyard. I spoke to her teacher a bit and it was fun to hear how Alana has grown a lot more confident over the year. She is much more sure of herself and confident in her abilities!




 She is still stubborn as ever and likes to be contrary so she wouldn't get a picture with her teacher. I got one of her high fiving Miss Camille.
 My mom bought this rug for her house a few years ago and it didn't end up working out so she saved it in her basement for us. The kids call it the soccer ball rug =)
 Brett finished his soccer season at the end of May. His team was ridiculously good compared to all the other teams. They dominated every game, but they had good sportmanship and  lots of fun!
 Sean did such an amazing job at being involved with Brett during his games, but also spending lots of time and attention on the girls.

 Before Brett's last soccer game we went to a co-ed baby shower for the Saffrons. The kids played nicely in the nursery and then they got to take a balloon and a loli pop home. Lizzie fell asleep with her balloon clutched in one hand and the sucker in the other.
 The garage door automatically closes and the girls like to help hold it open for others.
 I bought a water wheel and some cheap paint brushes and then gathered some other toys to make some fun water bins for the summer. The kids are big fans.

  I can't remember if I ever wrote about how I backed into a van coming out of Alana's preschool one day. No one was in the van and I was so tempted to just drive away, but I decided that would be a stupid, jerky, and dishonest thing to do. Anyway its been like 7-8 weeks now, but I had been dealing with the insurance claims and hearing lots about how much things cost and just feeling really crummy that I had cost our family extra money, especially in this "house-poor" summer. I also took our van into the shop one day because it had been shaking like crazy on the freeway. They rotated the tires and then quoted me $2500 of stuff that needed to be done, Arghh I was so frustrated. It didn't hurt that I was feeling really sick, like really really sick that week. I had a fever of 101 for 3-4 days, then a weird itchy rash, then the most horrendous body and joint aches for about a week more. It was some sort of nasty virus! Anyway with all of that going on I got a call from Sean one morning telling me that he had hit a can of orange spray paint on his way out of the driveway and had gotten a lovely new coat of orange paint on his car. It weirdly made me feel better mostly just because it was funny, really random, and actually not that big of a deal!
Brett had a fun last week of school, it was the same week I was so sick so when he was complaining of a tummy ache the last day I didn't argue  about letting him skip the day. He learned a lot this year! 
My parents gave me a new painting of Christ and some money for Mother's Day, so I spent the money of some more Ikea shelves and put them up in the family room. It is such a vast room and I had a hard time figuring out how I wanted it to look and feel. It's certainly not finished, but feels more complete now with a bit more seating and some things on the wall. 
 Snuggles while watching Pokemon
 Brett lost another tooth! He was very excited about it and the tooth fairy brought him $2.12.
 My friend Whitney invited us to her daughters birthday party. Sean was moonlighting that Saturday and was also on call so he couldn't come with us. Whitney's family just moved to Mapleton so we had fun finding their new house and enjoying a fun dinosaur themed birthday party.

We got some other fun flowers and such to add to our flowerbed and Sean got the supplies and hooked them up to the drip system.
 One Sunday Alana said she'd like to make a rainbow cake. We had a lot of fun mixing batter, baking cakes, making fancy frosting (because I didn't have the ingredients for the simple stuff), and then sharing with Papa and Mimi, Neil, Rebecca, Kaden, and Lexi.

 Papa is always so thoughtful and finds little things he thinks we would enjoy. He found me some lenses to go on my cell phone camera. They were fun to test out, I need to try them out more and get out my nice camera for that matter!

Mom Peterson had some surgery to help with her small bowel obstructions at the end of May. They ended up cutting out about 8 inches (if I remember right) of her intestine and then fusing the remaining pieces back together. She had to stay in the hospital for a few nights but it sounds like the surgeon is confident he fixed the problem which is a real blessing! On Memorial Day we hosted a birthday party for Mom P. My dad made some ribs and we all contributed to the rest of the meal. It was really delicious and a lot of fun to be all together! 

 My best friend Melanie had a baby 3 months ago and I still hadn't met him. We have been trying to schedule something for quite some time but we finally made it happen. My kids were so cute with baby James. It was really sweet because Lizzie especially doesn't usually care about babies, but all three of my kids loved him. He is at that really fun stage where he is starting to put weight on his legs and do a wobbly assisted stand with his darling sounds and really cute smiles! We were all smitten.


 On Memorial day I took Brett and Alana to Hobby Lobby while Liz was napping, we got some fun art stuff. Alana got this amazing little kitten that she punches fabric into. She is loving it!


 We went to the dentist for cleanings. Alana was so brave and so was Brett. Brett has a little soft spot which the dentist is going to look at in a few weeks when we go to get some sealants on his back molars.
 The kids have had a lot of fun doing modeling clay =)
 We went and saw the Music Man at Hale Center Theater last Saturday with Mom and Dad P. It was a lot of fun to go on a double date with them and so much fun to see the production that was our first date =)
My sister came into town for a few days. She and Kaity stayed late on Sunday night and poor Alana was feeling really sick. She fell asleep on Aunt Sam. Brett and Kaity had a lot of fun though!
 Elroy came to visit us and Lizzie loved it!
 Kaity used our book loft just as I imagined it being used!
 On Monday we went to my Mom and Dads for a few hours in the morning. Alana was still feeling kinda crummy but everyone had fun. We came home right after lunch and then Papa and Mimi came to babysit so I could go to the dentist. They gave us this fun porch swing that used to be on their front porch so we put it in our basement for some seating. While I was gone at the dentist, Alana and papa were trying out the swing and Alana dozed off. She was still feverish, poor thing!
 On Tuesday we did some cleaning and coloring.  Lizzie let me put her hair in french braids while she was coloring =)

 We ran to Harmons right after lunch to pick up some flowers for my mom who had surgery that morning. She needed a D&C after she had an irregular result from a pap smear. The doctor said everything looked really good and she doesn't think they will need to do any more surgery after that. We went out to my parents house for the rest of the day. We blew up some swimming pools with my dads compressor and let the kids splash and play. Alana hates getting splashed and was not feeling up to par yet but I think she still had fun.


 After all the water fun, they played inside for hours. Sean ended up coming out to my parents house and my sister made us some tacos. The kids decided they wanted a sleepover so we brought Kaity out to our house. I don't think Kaity and Brett got to sleep till around 11 and then they got up at 7:30, but they all had a lot of fun! Kaity stayed with us till about noon today and got to help us make some banana bread. They also decorated the stairs with all the stuffed animals.

Right after Kaity left our neighbor Eve (6) came over to play. Then a few hours later our other neighbor Grace(6) came and joined us. They have all been happily playing for hours. Our basement is proving to be a very fun place to hang out. Who needs a finished basement when you have a trampoline! 


No comments:

Post a Comment